Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Help Wanted-Portable Sawmill owner in Idaho

Got a friend with several 14' long, 2' & 3' diameter locust logs that need
to be sawn into slabs. These beasts are located in Caldwell, Idaho and we
need someone to come out and saw same. We'll pay the going rate for the
service, but we need it pretty soon, as construction on the house has
started.

We'll be kiln drying the wood and using it for interior trim and cabinets.

Recommendations welcome, here's my email address, remove the "remove".

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Andy" wrote:
Got a friend with several 14' long, 2' & 3' diameter locust logs that need
to be sawn into slabs. These beasts are located in Caldwell, Idaho and we
need someone to come out and saw same. We'll pay the going rate for the
service, but we need it pretty soon, as construction on the house has
started.

Call or email Wood-Mizer customer service (see www.wood-mizer.com for contact
information), and they should be able to put you in touch with an owner of one
of their mills somewhere in your area.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy,
I hope that you know how hard that stuff is when it is dry. Maked
excellent fence posts and split rails. You may want to stain it for
interior trim, color is greenish/yellow and goes amber with age.
robo hippy
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "Andy" wrote:
Got a friend with several 14' long, 2' & 3' diameter locust logs that need
to be sawn into slabs. These beasts are located in Caldwell, Idaho and we
need someone to come out and saw same. We'll pay the going rate for the
service, but we need it pretty soon, as construction on the house has
started.

Call or email Wood-Mizer customer service (see www.wood-mizer.com for contact
information), and they should be able to put you in touch with an owner of one
of their mills somewhere in your area.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy wrote:
Got a friend with several 14' long, 2' & 3' diameter locust logs that need
to be sawn into slabs. These beasts are located in Caldwell, Idaho and we
need someone to come out and saw same. We'll pay the going rate for the
service, but we need it pretty soon, as construction on the house has
started.

Email me, there is a fellow in Walla Walla that can hook you up with a
sawyer I think.

I tried the Woodmizer email up here in Spokane WA. Out of 11 names, 9
had bad numbers, 2 never returned calls, and I mailed a few also. NOT
ONE response.

Alan