Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router bits by Hickory Woodworking

I was in Albuquerque yesterday, stopped by Woodworkers supply to pickup
a few items. Saw they had 3 -piece Cabinet Door Router Bit Set, Ogee
Style by Hickory Woodworking, on sale for $32.99.

Anyone out there using bits by Hickory? Any thoughts?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have a big set of Hickory bits I purchased when I ordered my router
from Amazon. They're okay and do the job. Not the quality of the top
brands but a lot better than most cheap sets. Can't comment on your
particular set but suspect if your going to use it a LOT, a better set
would be adivsed. For casual or infrequent work it would probably be
okay.

Nicky wrote:
I was in Albuquerque yesterday, stopped by Woodworkers supply to pickup
a few items. Saw they had 3 -piece Cabinet Door Router Bit Set, Ogee
Style by Hickory Woodworking, on sale for $32.99.

Anyone out there using bits by Hickory? Any thoughts?

Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Nicky wrote:
I was in Albuquerque yesterday, stopped by Woodworkers supply to pickup
a few items. Saw they had 3 -piece Cabinet Door Router Bit Set, Ogee
Style by Hickory Woodworking, on sale for $32.99.

Anyone out there using bits by Hickory? Any thoughts?

I think you'd be ill advised to buy that set, unless you knew you'd
only need to make 4 or 6 doors for the rest of your life. If money is
tight go to www.jesada.com. They make a nice bit and occasionally have
20% off sales. There's some guy on here that occasionally puts them on
ebay as well.. He bought out some supplier in Canada.

Posted to rec.woodworking

This is the feedback I was looking for.

Deal looked to good to be true. I was not looking for a set, but at the
price, not a bad idea to purchase, and use when needed.

I've been using Freud sets, and very happy with the results and
longevity.

Thank you both for your feedback.

-nick

Router Bits flash UK diy 4 December 24th 05 07:07 PM
Router Bits JeffB Woodworking 7 May 10th 05 11:33 AM
Router bits Palmer Woodworking 11 April 24th 05 12:51 PM
spiral router bits and router technique Doug Woodworking 6 January 29th 05 03:15 PM
Can one use the Dremel Advantage Plunge Router Attachment (Model 963-01) with Standard Router Bits? Adriaan Sachtler Woodworking 1 January 20th 04 01:33 AM