Chris Merrill

Default Bosch jigsaw accessories?

James Froelich wrote:
Also, now that I have such a fine tool, I would like to put it to more than
the occasional use. Any ideas or thoughts of a good project where I can
learn to use it to its full potential?

I bought one recently, also. My circular saw has not moved since. The
Bosch is soooo much quieter...and with a cutting guide it is just as
accurate as a circular saw with a cutting guide.

I had not considered a circle-cutting guide...since my router has one...but
I think it might be considerably easier to take the first pass on the jigsaw
and use the router for cleanup, if needed. Building one would be pretty
trivial...it would not be too different from a router circle-jig.

************************************
Chris Merrill

(remove the ZZZ to contact me)
************************************

Gnube

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:50:20 -0400, "James Froelich"
wrote:

One thing I was really interested in was the
circle cutter. I'm hoping to build some custom speakers soon and would like
to be able to have precise cutouts. Does it work? Reviews on Amazon seem
to say its a POS (cheap plastic).

Curiosity got the better of me and I bought one after thinking what
your thinking now, and I have to say I have been more impressed with a
purchase. It's obvious once you use it why they don't included one,
it'd cost them their credibility if that's all they can come up with!

I'll tinker with it and see if I can rework it into a useful item -
failing that I'll frame it and hang it where I can always see it and
be wiser for gazing upon it every day! Won't go there in again in a
hurry!

The saw is fine enough though!

Take Care,
Gnube
I don't want to win the lottery I just want to win a barn full of seasoned timber! ;O)