Daniel

Default Acceptable chuck runout on cordless drills?

"ke" wrote in message arthlink.net...
(non-visibly) warped/bent! After chucking in a confirmed dead-straight/true
piece of round bar stock and checking with a calibrated dial indicator, this
drill/chuck had only 2-3 mils of runout at about 3" from the chuck. This is

I have a question: Given a straight bit, how easy should it be to
mount it in the chuch straight?

With bits that I know are straight, sometimes I'll have to loosen,
wiggle, readjust, and retighten 5-10 times before I can get a
desd-straight bit to mount straight in the chuck. The drill is a
Makita MForce 14.4v, with the 1/2in Rohm chuck.

Any advice or comments appreciated.

Thanks!

- Daniel