Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New HitaCHEE M12V(2) router

Did you get a load of this one?
http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertoo...2v2/m12v2.html
Same router, different pants. Looks like something you'd use to
inoculate
an alien rhinoceros. Those Hitachi (pronounced hitaCHEE (gesundheid))
designers
have been watching too many anime cartoons.
All their new tools are...well... RFU. (I don't mean that in a bad
way.)

That thing is so ugly, I like it.

....reminds me of a song.."if you wanna be happy for the rest of your
life.....
"saw your wife the other day..man..she's ugleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
"Yeah, but she can cook"

just a tune to be stuck in my head for a while...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Did you get a load of this one?
http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertoo...2v2/m12v2.html
Same router, different pants. Looks like something you'd use to
inoculate
an alien rhinoceros. Those Hitachi (pronounced hitaCHEE (gesundheid))
designers
have been watching too many anime cartoons.
All their new tools are...well... RFU. (I don't mean that in a bad
way.)

That thing is so ugly, I like it.

...reminds me of a song.."if you wanna be happy for the rest of your
life.....
"saw your wife the other day..man..she's ugleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
"Yeah, but she can cook"

just a tune to be stuck in my head for a while...

I saw their relatively new SCMS with this new look. Personally I think all
the glitter detracts or would distract one from being able to locate
adjustment levers and knobs quickly.
Is that a knob or and eye. Is that a lever or an antenna. Is that a switch
or an eye brow? Is that my tennis shoe over there, no its my drill. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Have you seen this beast? Definitely not of this world.

http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertoo...h/c12lshl.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

I don't know if I'm gonna be the first to admit this, but: I like 'em.

There it is. I think they look cool. Futuristic. Jetsons. OK, go
ahead, laugh. I'm used to ridicule.

Leon wrote:
Have you seen this beast? Definitely not of this world.

http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertoo...h/c12lshl.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Did you get a load of this one?
http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertoo...2v2/m12v2.html
Same router, different pants. Looks like something you'd use to
inoculate
an alien rhinoceros. Those Hitachi (pronounced hitaCHEE (gesundheid))

I used to speak Japanese, 35 years ago. I am sure it hasn't changed, but my
memory might have...
They stress all syllables equally, so it is he-ta-che.

I used to do a lot of things...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 13, 10:34 am, "Toller" wrote:
[snipped for brevity]
..
They stress all syllables equally, so it is he-ta-che.

Nebber mind.. hitaCHEE is funnier. I never let the facts get in the way
of a chuckle.

I used to do a lot of things...

Do tell...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
Did you get a load of this one?
http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertoo...2v2/m12v2.html
Same router, different pants.

I don't think that's true. I've seen several reviews that have either
alluded, or out-and-out said so, that the new version isn't as good as
the old.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 13, 11:29 am, B A R R Y wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
Did you get a load of this one?
http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertoo...2v2/m12v2.html
Same router, different pants.I don't think that's true. I've seen several reviews that have either

alluded, or out-and-out said so, that the new version isn't as good as
the old.

Do you recall the source(s)? I like to stay abreast of these things. I
don't want to suggest a purchase on the basis of out-dated info. I'll
go see what Google will spit up.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

On Nov 13, 11:29 am, B A R R Y wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
Did you get a load of this one?
http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertoo...2v2/m12v2.html
Same router, different pants.I don't think that's true. I've seen several reviews that have either

alluded, or out-and-out said so, that the new version isn't as good as
the old.

Do you recall the source(s)?

Off the top of the head, "Popular Woodworking" or "FWW", as those are
the only magazines I currently subscribe to.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Robatoy wrote:
Did you get a load of this one?
http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertoo...2v2/m12v2.html
Same router, different pants.

I don't think that's true. I've seen several reviews that have either
alluded, or out-and-out said so, that the new version isn't as good as the
old.

It's part of the new "Gloria Vanderbilt" collection. ;~)

Remember back in the early 80's when blue jeans were being made by all the
designers.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 13, 11:38 am, "Leon" wrote:

Remember back in the early 80's when blue jeans were being made by all the
designers.

I have an almost 13-year old daughter...trust me, Leon.. they still
have 'cool' and 'not cool' jeans.... many designers. Just ask my AMEX
card.

I used to raid the army/navy stores for clothing... hell, even Goodwill
and SA.
In my youth that's where all the 'cool' stuff came from. I wish I still
had my air force parka. (KNLM that is).

But.. about tool 'fashion', I am licking my chops over an old-style 100
series PC router... now THAT is 'cool'... IMHO.

back to work..

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...

On Nov 13, 11:38 am, "Leon" wrote:

Remember back in the early 80's when blue jeans were being made by all
the
designers.

I have an almost 13-year old daughter...trust me, Leon.. they still
have 'cool' and 'not cool' jeans.... many designers. Just ask my AMEX
card.

I have a 19 year old son and thank goodness he was never really caught up in
who was wearing what. It may just be a male vs. female "thang". LOL