Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Saw horses

Hi does anyone know of plans for a typical saw horse?
I would like to build a couple but have never actually seen any plans.
Cheers
Colin.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Colin Jacobs (in ) said:

| Hi does anyone know of plans for a typical saw horse?
| I would like to build a couple but have never actually seen any
| plans. Cheers

Not plans; but pretty close:
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/SH_Project.html

All parts are 30" long - angles are either 90 or 80 degrees.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Colin Jacobs (in ) said:

| Hi does anyone know of plans for a typical saw horse?
| I would like to build a couple but have never actually seen any
| plans. Cheers

Not plans; but pretty close:
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/SH_Project.html

All parts are 30" long - angles are either 90 or 80 degrees.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto

Pretty utilitarian, simple design.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
Colin Jacobs (in ) said:

Hi does anyone know of plans for a typical saw horse?
I would like to build a couple but have never actually seen any
plans. Cheers

Not plans; but pretty close:
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/SH_Project.html

All parts are 30" long - angles are either 90 or 80 degrees.

Those are actually pretty good, but ... since they're 3 legged, be careful
of heavy items on them; they will tip a lot easier than the 4 legged types.
Also more difficult to move around while under load for that "touch"
adjustment.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Try...

http://woodworking.about.com/od/shop...dSawhorses.htm

or

http://www.bit-grip.com/sawhorse_plans.htm

or

http://wayneofthewoods.com/sawhorseplans.html

or

http://www.linemine.com/library/planpages/TL-08.htm

regards

Barry

www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk

Posted to rec.woodworking

Colin:

Don't know if you are familiar with Roy Underhill and his TV show
Woodwright's shop, but here is a link..
http://www.pbs.org/wws/howto/images/e2101sawhorse.pdf

There are two tricks to getting Roy's sawhorse 'correct.' Roy demonstrated
these in the TV show that went with this drawing, but nothing critical. I
built myself a pair, good solid design. Stronger than it looks on paper.

Phil

"Colin Jacobs" wrote in message
Hi does anyone know of plans for a typical saw horse?
I would like to build a couple but have never actually seen any plans.
Cheers
Colin.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Colin Jacobs" writes:

Hi does anyone know of plans for a typical saw horse?
I would like to build a couple but have never actually seen any plans.
Cheers
Colin.

I borrowed a book from a friend that had great instructions for a sawhorse.
It was a Time Life hardcover book (part of a series) on Home Repair.

It gave step-by-step directions, and described how to use framing
squares to get the precise angled mortice for the legs.
Putting it together was a snap, and I've gotten very positive comments
from others who has seen them.

I don't know the name of the book, but if anyone knows of a set of
directions that sounds similar, I'd love to bookmark it.

And then there was the three-legged sawhorse that was discussed here as well.

I bookmarked that one:

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/SH_Project.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in message

I don't know the name of the book, but if anyone knows of a set of
directions that sounds similar, I'd love to bookmark it.

I've posted plans for a knock-down saw horse to ABPW.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Once you decide on the design you want, cut the legs
a few inches longer than you want the heigth of the
horses to be. Then, turn the horse upside down, and
measure & mark each leg for cutoff, using a straight-edge
to carry the heigth marks to each leg. The legs can then be
cut off with a handsaw. I've made several sawhorses and have
always used this trick, in which the legs turn out perfect
with no wobble. it's quick, too.

Colin Jacobs wrote:
Hi does anyone know of plans for a typical saw horse?
I would like to build a couple but have never actually seen any plans.
Cheers
Colin.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sounds like you have some good plans on some saw horses. And I think it is
great you are going to build rather than buy those crappy plastic ones.
Only constructive thing I can add is make one longer than the other so when
you want to store them you can set one on top of the other. So make it long
enough to saddle the second. Does that make sense? If not email me back and
I will try to take a pic of mine tomorrow.