Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Baltimore/January show any good?

I am in the market for a combination machine and the two I am interested in
supposedly will be exhibiting in Baltimore. It is not too difficult or
expensive for me to get there, so if it is a decent show...

Anyone been there in the past?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hello Toller,
I went last Januarylast year and I enjoyed my time there (went all
three days as it was on my way home from working the weekend.) There
were a lot of machinery exhibitors present. On the flip side, a guy
who works at the local Woodcraft store said it was a lot smaller than
the year prior. From my perspective it was worth the money and time
spent.

Marc

Toller wrote:
I am in the market for a combination machine and the two I am interested in
supposedly will be exhibiting in Baltimore. It is not too difficult or
expensive for me to get there, so if it is a decent show...

Anyone been there in the past?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ya, I noticed it was smaller than the year before also.So I went to the
chantilly va show a month later and it was much larger.

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking

Toller wrote:
I am in the market for a combination machine and the two I am interested in
supposedly will be exhibiting in Baltimore. It is not too difficult or
expensive for me to get there, so if it is a decent show...

Anyone been there in the past?

Toller,

I also went last year and one other a couple of years back. Not bad for
the money. Last year was smaller that than the other. Some good deals
can be had on various items. Some good demos and ability to see some
things live. I bought a Powermatic bandsaw last year from Cayce
Machinery which is in Hunt Valley, MD and has a "booth" at the show.
(for any Baltimore locals, Cayce became a Rockler partner store recently).

Dave