Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Penn or Grizzly DC?

Anyone have thoughts on the Penn State DC2000B Vs the Grizzly G1029Z?

Very similar in specs but since I don't know how they take the CMF or Static
measurements, I may not be comparing apples to apples. All I know is that my
Penn State DC1 is underpowered for my current wood machines.

--
Frank Howell

-----------------
-----------------
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Frank Howell" wrote in message
Anyone have thoughts on the Penn State DC2000B Vs the Grizzly G1029Z?

Very similar in specs but since I don't know how they take the CMF or
Static
measurements, I may not be comparing apples to apples. All I know is that
my
Penn State DC1 is underpowered for my current wood machines.

My 12a PS DC only drew 7a; that explained the great price.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Toller" wrote in message

"Frank Howell" wrote in message
Anyone have thoughts on the Penn State DC2000B Vs the Grizzly G1029Z?

Very similar in specs but since I don't know how they take the CMF or
Static
measurements, I may not be comparing apples to apples. All I know is that
my
Penn State DC1 is underpowered for my current wood machines.

My 12a PS DC only drew 7a; that explained the great price.

I built a Bill Pentz cyclone using the Clark Echols kit before Clark proved
himself to be a scoundrel (the kit was fine, his dealings with Bill were
not) with a 5 HP Leeson motor--cost me about the same as a high end Jet and,
well, it sucks (in a dust collector that's a good thing). I can hook a
2-1/2 inch hose to a piece of machinery that has a port for such, run the
end into the 6" pipe coming ouf the cyclone (no adapter, just shove a couple
of feet of hose into the pipe loose) and it still pulls more dust out than
the shop vac does.

The vendor Bill is working with now is making what appear to be much nicer
ones.

Before you buy _any_ dust collector, read Bill's site
http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/Index.cfm . Very good
information. Bill's serious about dust collection.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Toller wrote:
"Frank Howell" wrote in message
Anyone have thoughts on the Penn State DC2000B Vs the Grizzly G1029Z?

Very similar in specs but since I don't know how they take the CMF or
Static
measurements, I may not be comparing apples to apples. All I know is
that my
Penn State DC1 is underpowered for my current wood machines.

My 12a PS DC only drew 7a; that explained the great price.

Well, well. That does explain why they are selling it $80 under regular
price. 7a is more like a 1 hp motor IIRC.
Thanks

--
Frank Howell

-----------------
-----------------
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Frank Howell" wrote
Toller wrote:
"Frank Howell" wrote

Anyone have thoughts on the Penn State DC2000B Vs the Grizzly G1029Z?

Very similar in specs but since I don't know how they take the CMF or
Static
measurements, I may not be comparing apples to apples. All I know is
that my
Penn State DC1 is underpowered for my current wood machines.

My 12a PS DC only drew 7a; that explained the great price.

Well, well. That does explain why they are selling it $80 under regular
price. 7a is more like a 1 hp motor IIRC.
Thanks

--
Frank Howell

I placed a $600. plus order for ductwork with Penn State and a week and half
later cancelled it because they couldn't tell me when it would ship.
Later, ordered from Oneida.

Max
--
Want change? Vote out the incumbents.