Posted to rec.woodworking

Default brad nailer/air compressor combos

I'm in the market for a brad nailer/air compressor combo for $180-$200,
or so. Porter-Cable, Campbell-Hausfeld, Bostitch and others in this
price range seem fairly comparable. Do any of the various brands stand
out as especially good or especially not good for any of you folks?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com, " wrote:
I'm in the market for a brad nailer/air compressor combo for $180-$200,
or so. Porter-Cable, Campbell-Hausfeld, Bostitch and others in this
price range seem fairly comparable. Do any of the various brands stand
out as especially good or especially not good for any of you folks?

I'm *real* happy with the Porter-Cable combo I bought about a year ago.

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

I'm in Indy too (NW side, near Lafayette Square). If you want to drop by some
time and take a test-drive, let me know -- my real email address is below.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

I bought the PC compressor/brad nailer combo in 1997. The compressor died
in 2003 and the brad gun is still going strong. I'm a carpenter, so the
compressor got used pretty much daily for about 6 years. I'd say I got my
money's worth. Highly recommended. --dave

"bc" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
I'm in the market for a brad nailer/air compressor combo for $180-$200,
or so. Porter-Cable, Campbell-Hausfeld, Bostitch and others in this
price range seem fairly comparable. Do any of the various brands stand
out as especially good or especially not good for any of you folks?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

I can't speak for the compressor, but I really like my PC brad nailer.
bc

Posted to rec.woodworking

Campbell-Hausfeld

That's the brand you will see if you look up "terrible customer service" in
the dictionary.

J.C.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12 Oct 2006 06:26:29 -0700, "
wrote:

I'm in the market for a brad nailer/air compressor combo for $180-$200,
or so. Porter-Cable, Campbell-Hausfeld, Bostitch and others in this
price range seem fairly comparable. Do any of the various brands stand
out as especially good or especially not good for any of you folks?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis

I just got the PC kit with finish nailer, brad nailer, stapler and it
all seems pretty good. All these oil-less compressors run pretty loud,
though.

I would have taken a good look at the Senco kit if I could have found
one around here.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I think it was " who stated:

I'm in the market for a brad nailer/air compressor combo for $180-$200,
or so. Porter-Cable, Campbell-Hausfeld, Bostitch and others in this
price range seem fairly comparable. Do any of the various brands stand
out as especially good or especially not good for any of you folks?

Based on other folks' recommendations and the performance of my palm
nailer, I'm going with Senco when I take the plunge. (I already have a
compressor . . . .)

-Don
--
Pooder approved this post . . . .