Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gloves for Standard Lacquer Thinner

I'm looking for a glove that provides maximum dexterity but won't fall
apart when exposed to lacquer thinner. Any suggestions?
JP

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jay Pique wrote:
I'm looking for a glove that provides maximum dexterity but won't fall
apart when exposed to lacquer thinner. Any suggestions?
JP

I use nitrile gloves that I purchase at "Harbor Freight".

Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nova wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
I'm looking for a glove that provides maximum dexterity but won't fall
apart when exposed to lacquer thinner. Any suggestions?
JP

I use nitrile gloves that I purchase at "Harbor Freight".

I use nitrile gloves I pick up where I used to work. Do you know
anyone who works in a biology/chemistry lab or in a medical profession?
Even if they can't just bring a box home, they could probably order
you some of the good ones; possibly with a contract discount.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jay Pique" wrote in news:1160437591.747714.59060
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I'm looking for a glove that provides maximum dexterity but won't fall
apart when exposed to lacquer thinner. Any suggestions?
JP

Nitrile gloves.

You can get them at most Auto Parts stores. For whatever reason the
O'Reilly's store near me keeps them in the back so I have to ask the
counter fellow for a box every time.

BTW they are great for keeping Gorilla Glue from staining your hands.

Posted to rec.woodworking

:

I'm looking for a glove that provides maximum dexterity but won't fall
apart when exposed to lacquer thinner. Any suggestions?
JP

Nitrile gloves.

Yep. They're great.

You can get them at most Auto Parts stores. For whatever reason the
O'Reilly's store near me keeps them in the back so I have to ask the
counter fellow for a box every time.

That's good to know -- thanks. I've been getting my nitrile gloves from the
one and only Rockler store in Indianapolis, which is about 20 miles away,
through some of the city's worst traffic -- but there's an O'Reilly's store
about five minutes from home, and SWMBO passes another one on her way to and
from work. Thanks for the tip.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

R. Pierce Butler wrote:

Nitrile gloves.

You can get them at most Auto Parts stores.

They are also available at most home centers and any decent paint store.
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://gss-store.com/category/gloves...nitrilegloves/