Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Re bosch table saw

Patt wrote:
I just bought a bosch 4000 table saw. I am having a big time problem trying
to set the splitter on it. It keeps on getting stuck on the wood when I
rip. I have tried adjusting over and back and over and back etc. but it
still hangs up. I think I have followed the instructions that came with it.
Any help from anyone?
Patt

I am not sure how or where the wood hangs up by the desciption in your post, more info would help with a solution. I have had the bosch for 4 years. I have removed and replaced the splitter so many times I stripped yhr threads on the mount. I re-tapped the holes, removed my splitter and cut it down into a riving knife. there is now no blade guard of course, but the riving knife ALWAYS stays on the saw regardless of the type of cut. I have tried a number of ways to get the saw to kick back (think mythbusters type of experiments) and it will not do it.

Scot