Sandingdust Sandingdust is offline
Junior Member

Location: Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by srazor
Patt wrote:
I just bought a bosch 4000 table saw. I am having a big time problem trying
to set the splitter on it. It keeps on getting stuck on the wood when I
rip. I have tried adjusting over and back and over and back etc. but it
still hangs up. I think I have followed the instructions that came with it.
Any help from anyone?
Patt

I am not sure how or where the wood hangs up by the desciption in your post, more info would help with a solution. I have had the bosch for 4 years. I have removed and replaced the splitter so many times I stripped yhr threads on the mount. I re-tapped the holes, removed my splitter and cut it down into a riving knife. there is now no blade guard of course, but the riving knife ALWAYS stays on the saw regardless of the type of cut. I have tried a number of ways to get the saw to kick back (think mythbusters type of experiments) and it will not do it.

Scot
Have you tried with the blade guard removed ? I think Scot is right.
I had the same problem previously. I removed the blade guard leaving the riving knife
without load....and the saw blade and the riving knife became in straight line.
I just like learning. The more I learn, the more I know I am not good at anything...