Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jessem Router Plate and Table

I purchased the Jessem Rout R plate and Jessem Mast R Top. The plate
fits the table insert, however, the plate does not lay level with the
table. How does one adjust the plate so that it sits level with the
table top. The Jessem Master Plate has adjustments but none that I can
see or figure out on the "plain" Router Plate. Any help or suggestions
would be appreciated. I have tried contacting Jessem but haven't gotten
a response yet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9 Oct 2006 13:25:32 -0700, "cayvman"
wrote:

I purchased the Jessem Rout R plate and Jessem Mast R Top. The plate
fits the table insert, however, the plate does not lay level with the
table. How does one adjust the plate so that it sits level with the
table top. The Jessem Master Plate has adjustments but none that I can
see or figure out on the "plain" Router Plate. Any help or suggestions
would be appreciated. I have tried contacting Jessem but haven't gotten
a response yet.

Like gkemper said: If the plate itself does not have leveling screws,
the solution is to put screws at each corner of the table where the
insert fits. This is how the Rockler insert is leveled. In fact,
Rockler has some nice screws for this purpose. Blunt ended, not
pointy sharp like typical wood screws.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks all. Went home last night and looked in the original packing and
lo and behold there was 8 set screws and an allen wrench. Funny thing,
though, that in all "manual" it says nothing about the leveling screws.
The only reference to them is on the label of the packing box.