Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hard to believe I can't find the answer....

....to this question.

Long story short: tried to remove some oil stain I slopped on the
window pane using mineral spirits on a rag and got most of it off but
kinda smeared it a bit and I was wondering what might take the rest of
it off.

Is there any other way than a razor blade? It'll work (I used it on
some drips) but it will take a while (a lotta drips on six 4' x 8'
windows starting 10 feet off the floor. Lotta time on the ladder with
a bad back and a dislike of heights.

Any other suggestions? Gotta have this done by Sunday night.

D'ohBoy

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 6, 9:48 pm, wrote:
...to this question.

Long story short: tried to remove some oil stain I slopped on the
window pane using mineral spirits on a rag and got most of it off but
kinda smeared it a bit and I was wondering what might take the rest of
it off.

Is there any other way than a razor blade? It'll work (I used it on
some drips) but it will take a while (a lotta drips on six 4' x 8'
windows starting 10 feet off the floor. Lotta time on the ladder with
a bad back and a dislike of heights.

Any other suggestions? Gotta have this done by Sunday night.

Use solvent on a rag wrapped over a 6" taping knife.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 7, 11:59 am, mac davis wrote:
On 6 Oct 2006 18:48:31 -0700, wrote:

...to this question.

Long story short: tried to remove some oil stain I slopped on the
window pane using mineral spirits on a rag and got most of it off but
kinda smeared it a bit and I was wondering what might take the rest of
it off.

Is there any other way than a razor blade? It'll work (I used it on
some drips) but it will take a while (a lotta drips on six 4' x 8'
windows starting 10 feet off the floor. Lotta time on the ladder with
a bad back and a dislike of heights.

Any other suggestions? Gotta have this done by Sunday night.

D'ohBoy

A neighbor had a similar problem with his 2nd story windows... he used one of
those "swifter" mops with acetone and a long handle..

Keeping solvents at a distance is generally a good idea, but I'm not
sure that overhead is the direction I'd want them to go.