Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Powermatic PJ-882 outfeed height adjustment

I'm in the process of setting up my new PJ-882. I could barely move the
outfeed table lever. I called CS and was advised that it probably was
mucked up with cosmolene, and should flood it with WD-40. CS Rep said they
would replace the tiny lever arm if I broke it. It didn't break, but gosh,
it's stiff after half a can of WD-40.

This is a replacement for a Jet 6", and apparently I don't understand how to
properly use the lever to set the outfeed table height. The Jet had a
handwheel, and I could make very small incremental adjustments. The lever
on this PJ-882 seems to me to be a step down from a handwheel.

So, who's got a PJ-882, and how did you adjust the outfeed height?

Second, did your aluminum box with the two little marks work for you?
Playing with the setup, I could get the cutterhead to move a piece of oak
hardwood flooring, but the knives simply slipped on the aluminum and would
not move it.

Thanks for your help. This is the jointer:

http://www.amazon.com/Powermatic-161...0?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jim Murphy wrote:
I'm in the process of setting up my new PJ-882. I could barely move the
outfeed table lever. I called CS and was advised that it probably was
mucked up with cosmolene, and should flood it with WD-40.

Did you loosen the outfeed stop screws? How about the outfeed setscrews?

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:40:25 -0400, Jim Murphy wrote:

I'm in the process of setting up my new PJ-882. I could barely move the
outfeed table lever.

Don't know about Powermatic, but my DJ-20 was delivered with the outfeed table
set to proper height, and both of the limit screws turned in so that it would
not move.

--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net