Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Postin pictures...how

What is the best way to allow you guys to see pictures. I took some
last night of this old craftsman jointer along with the cutterhead.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com, "stryped" wrote:
What is the best way to allow you guys to see pictures. I took some
last night of this old craftsman jointer along with the cutterhead.

Do you EVER think to use Google to find the answer to a question before you
post? This same question has been asked -- and answered -- here MANY times.

Hint: do you remember how you posted the picture of your knife drawer earlier
this year?

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 27 Sep 2006 05:22:31 -0700, "stryped" wrote:

What is the best way to allow you guys to see pictures. I took some
last night of this old craftsman jointer along with the cutterhead.

What he said plus you don't post them to this group. They go in the
binaries group that was established for the purpose of posting
woodworking pictures.

BTW, a good newsreader has the ability to do what you want to do.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 27 Sep 2006 08:28:13 -0700, "stryped" wrote:

I dont have that account anymore. I read about the binnaries thing but
did not find instructions on how to post there.

go to www.forteinc.com and read about Agent

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article . com, "stryped" wrote:
I dont have that account anymore.

What difference does that make?

I read about the binnaries thing but
did not find instructions on how to post there.

Same way you post here.

Doug Miller wrote:
In article .com, "stryped"

wrote:
What is the best way to allow you guys to see pictures. I took some
last night of this old craftsman jointer along with the cutterhead.

Do you EVER think to use Google to find the answer to a question before you
post? This same question has been asked -- and answered -- here MANY times.

Hint: do you remember how you posted the picture of your knife drawer earlier
this year?

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

Same way you post here BUT you attach the picture to your message. Read the
help for your specific mail program on how to attach files.

It's a simple process - just try to keep the image size down - Microsoft has
a free image resizer you can download - use Google to find it.

hth,
Vic

"stryped" wrote in message
oups.com...
What is the best way to allow you guys to see pictures. I took some
last night of this old craftsman jointer along with the cutterhead.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
t...
In article . com,
"stryped" wrote:
I dont have that account anymore.

What difference does that make?

I read about the binnaries thing but
did not find instructions on how to post there.

Same way you post here.

He is using google groups.... can't post to binaries using that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.flickr.com/

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 27 Sep 2006 05:22:31 -0700, "stryped" wrote:

What is the best way to allow you guys to see pictures. I took some
last night of this old craftsman jointer along with the cutterhead.

Get them published in the next issue of ShopNotes. Then Krusty the
Klown will post them several times in abpw for you.

--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Locutus" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
et...
In article . com,
"stryped" wrote:
I dont have that account anymore.

What difference does that make?

I read about the binnaries thing but
did not find instructions on how to post there.

Same way you post here.

He is using google groups.... can't post to binaries using that.

Then he should be _thoroughly_ familiar with the concept of _reading_ Google
groups to find out how to do what he wants.

There have been many discussions here of the advantages and disadvantages of
various news clients and servers, and where and how to post binaries.

Shouldn't take much effort to find them.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

stryped wrote:
What is the best way to allow you guys to see pictures. I took some
last night of this old craftsman jointer along with the cutterhead.

Ignoring the (off-topic) FAQ aspect of the question addressed by
others, for what purpose may I ask? You already posted a link to the
manual that has both pictures and drawings and I think we've pretty
much beat this sucker to death...

What else is there possibly to ask or look at that hasn't already been
discussed ad nauseum and for which there isn't a drawing or picture
already available?

Plus, I've already noted I owned one of these in the past so what I've
pointed out is based on "hands-on" already. The only difference at all
is that at first I had forgotten this was the one w/o the
depth-adjusting screws on the cutterhead, but that's certainly an
almost trivial detail--either they're there or they're not. (Of
course, the ease of adjusting is more than a trivial difference, but
pictures don't help to solve that, it isn't going to grow them unless
you were to adapt the cutterhead yourself).