Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder

Default Building a stand alone pantry - looking for some pictures

My daughter and son-in-law have asked me to build a stand alone pantry for
them. I have googled websites and newsgroups and have gotten some ideas for
various shelving ideas but I am looking for some pictures. Google didn't
find any pantry pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. I know a
number of woodworkers on this group have personal websites with pictures of
their work. I would appreciate any pointers to some pictures I could look at
for further ideas.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Posted to rec.woodworking
wayne mak

Don't have pictures of mine to publish, still haven't made it. Its one of
the many parts to my kitchen I am making. I will be using full extension
draw slides on mine this way you can get at the goods in the back with ease.
Be nice to see some photos of some built. I found a good deal on the slides
through this group.
"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
. ..
My daughter and son-in-law have asked me to build a stand alone pantry for
them. I have googled websites and newsgroups and have gotten some ideas
for various shelving ideas but I am looking for some pictures. Google
didn't find any pantry pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. I
know a number of woodworkers on this group have personal websites with
pictures of their work. I would appreciate any pointers to some pictures I
could look at for further ideas.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Posted to rec.woodworking
rickluce

I find going to the big box home improvement stores and checking out
their cabinets helps out. Also do a search on the Web. There are some
great cabinet shops that publish there pictures.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O.

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 19:26:47 -0500, "Dick Snyder"
wrote:

My daughter and son-in-law have asked me to build a stand alone pantry for
them. I have googled websites and newsgroups and have gotten some ideas for
various shelving ideas but I am looking for some pictures. Google didn't
find any pantry pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. I know a
number of woodworkers on this group have personal websites with pictures of
their work. I would appreciate any pointers to some pictures I could look at
for further ideas.

If your looking for a standard cabinet looking pantry, try the cabinet
manufacturers for pictures. If you find something you like see if
they have a spec sheet. The manufacturers only build their boxes in
certain sizes but you could build their ideas into whatever size you
need.

Here's a spec sheet pdf from Merillat:
http://www.merillat.com/products/spe...pieceSpecs.pdf

This is about a 300 page pdf and has 5 or 6 pages of pantry styles and
a few more of just "tall cabinets". You will also see the various
shelf/slide-out options and variations of what their designers like.

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

Dick Snyder wrote:
My daughter and son-in-law have asked me to build a stand alone pantry for
them. I have googled websites and newsgroups and have gotten some ideas for
various shelving ideas but I am looking for some pictures. Google didn't
find any pantry pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. I know a
number of woodworkers on this group have personal websites with pictures of
their work. I would appreciate any pointers to some pictures I could look at
for further ideas.

Dick, I had the same problem in my old house. Not enough cabinet
space, but space for an upright freezer or refrigerator in the laundry
room. I found some armoir plans and adjusted dimensions to fit the
space. Filled the whole thing with full extension drawers at various
spacings to hold canned goods, cereal boxes etc. A few years later, we
moved to a house with more space. The drawers in the top half came out
and the armoir became an entertainment center, with space for all those
movies in the drawers at the bottom. Sorry, I don't have any pictures
for you, but it might give you another direction to look.

DonkeyHody
"Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then."

Posted to rec.woodworking
CathyLee

I have been looking for plans for awhile...I hope to start my project
soon.
Here is something I found:

http://www.woodworking.com/dcforum/d...rum=DCForumID7

--
CathyLee
They neigh I pay

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
. ..
My daughter and son-in-law have asked me to build a stand alone pantry

for
them. I have googled websites and newsgroups and have gotten some

ideas for
various shelving ideas but I am looking for some pictures. Google

didn't
find any pantry pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. I know

number of woodworkers on this group have personal websites with

pictures of
their work. I would appreciate any pointers to some pictures I could

look at
for further ideas.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bubba Wood

pictures. You should find a few useful ones. If not change the
search words a bit.

Larry

wrote:

My daughter and son-in-law have asked me to build a stand alone pantry for
them. I have googled websites and newsgroups and have gotten some ideas for
various shelving ideas but I am looking for some pictures. Google didn't
find any pantry pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. I know a
number of woodworkers on this group have personal websites with pictures of
their work. I would appreciate any pointers to some pictures I could look at
for further ideas.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

"Dick Snyder" wrote:

My daughter and son-in-law have asked me to build a stand alone pantry for
them. I have googled websites and newsgroups and have gotten some ideas for
various shelving ideas but I am looking for some pictures.

snip

The cabinet itself can be constructed to suit the builder, what ever you
and the user like.

Having said that, a little suggestion, think "Closet Organizer".

There are literally dozens of coated wire racks designed by the closte
system companies that can be mounted in a cabinet so they will slide
out, providing much higher packing density than you can imagine at a
cost you won't even come close to matching.

Good luck.

Lew