Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Makita MXT cordless drills defective?

I'm aware that Makita drills are well-respected. My dad is very good
at using tools and likes them.

Recently I bought a Makita 18 volt MXT that just stopped turning
after drilling a few continuous holes in a 2 x 4. Apparently
something in the drive train disconnected, something other than the
chuck/bit or the clutch.

So I'm still looking for a drill. I'm wondering whether that was
bad luck, should I avoid the MXT line, or just avoid the 18 V MXT.

Thank you.

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 01:41:20 GMT, John Doe
wrote:

I'm aware that Makita drills are well-respected. My dad is very good
at using tools and likes them.

Recently I bought a Makita 18 volt MXT that just stopped turning
after drilling a few continuous holes in a 2 x 4. Apparently
something in the drive train disconnected, something other than the
chuck/bit or the clutch.

So I'm still looking for a drill. I'm wondering whether that was
bad luck, should I avoid the MXT line, or just avoid the 18 V MXT.

Thank you.

You didnt return it on warranty and get another one?

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third
hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're
around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right
before demode` (out of fashion).
-Buddy Jordan 2001
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"John Doe" wrote in message

I'm aware that Makita drills are well-respected. My dad is very good
at using tools and likes them.

Recently I bought a Makita 18 volt MXT that just stopped turning
after drilling a few continuous holes in a 2 x 4. Apparently
something in the drive train disconnected, something other than the
chuck/bit or the clutch.

So I'm still looking for a drill. I'm wondering whether that was
bad luck, should I avoid the MXT line, or just avoid the 18 V MXT.

Thank you.

Mine has served me well for some time now.

-Steve W

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

John Doe wrote:
I'm aware that Makita drills are well-respected. My dad is very good
at using tools and likes them.

Recently I bought a Makita 18 volt MXT that just stopped turning
after drilling a few continuous holes in a 2 x 4. Apparently
something in the drive train disconnected, something other than the
chuck/bit or the clutch.

So I'm still looking for a drill. I'm wondering whether that was
bad luck, should I avoid the MXT line, or just avoid the 18 V MXT.

Thank you.

Just purchased an 18 volt Rigid. It has a good reputation as a solid
tool and right now they're offering a lifetime warranty that "includes"
the batteries.

dennis
in nca