Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Inline filter/regulator for PC compressor

Hi,

I have a CPFAC2600P Porter-Cable compressor (150PSI, 6Gal., oil-free
pancake) and I'd like to see what everyone would recommend as a good
inline filter and regulator for it?

When I tried to use it today, the regulator knob no longer turns - it
seems to be stuck.

Thanks,
Dave.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 17 Sep 2006 23:18:28 -0700, "Dave" wrote:

Hi,

I have a CPFAC2600P Porter-Cable compressor (150PSI, 6Gal., oil-free
pancake) and I'd like to see what everyone would recommend as a good
inline filter and regulator for it?

When I tried to use it today, the regulator knob no longer turns - it
seems to be stuck.

Go to a bodyshop supply place and get the cheap inline filters that
bodyshops use. Ask about inline regulators that incorporate water
and particulate filters. If anyone knows filters and regulators,
these are the guys to talk to.

Pete
Posted to rec.woodworking

Some regulators have a handle lock. See if the handle will pull out to a
second position where it will easily turn. If the handle doesn't pull out,
is there a rigng around the base of the handle that needs to be pushed or
pulled to unlock the handle?
For a filter, you didn't say what you intend to use the air for. There are
filters, filter/driers, and super versions of them. The choice will depend
on how clean, oil-free, and dry you need the compressed air to be and it
will all be dependent on what you want to use it for.
--
Charley

ups.com...