Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta inserts in a Jet TS??

The new Jet cabinet saw will be here next Friday, so I just listed my
Rockwell contractors saw in the paper. I have a few UHMV table inserts
that'll go with the Rockwell, and a few others I'd like to keep if they'll
fit in the Jet.
Anyone know if they are the same size?? thanks! --dave

Posted to rec.woodworking

I don't know.

I do, however know that I own a JET cabinet saw and I could fabricate about
a half dozen inserts and shim them to level using just masking tape on the
back side in about an hour.

There is no one way to make them. some folks use a straight bit/pilot on a
router using the original insert as a template. I just used a jigsaw and
cleaned it up on a disk sander.

You will appreciate having a pile of them on hand for special applications.

I have:

regular
7-degree bevel
45-degree bevel
1/2" dado
3/4" dado
tennon (two blades at once with a spacer)

That meets mot of my 99% of my needs

Just make'm; you'll wonder why you ever spent money on a commercial insert.

-Steve

"Dave Jackson" wrote in message
ink.net...
The new Jet cabinet saw will be here next Friday, so I just listed my
Rockwell contractors saw in the paper. I have a few UHMV table inserts
that'll go with the Rockwell, and a few others I'd like to keep if they'll
fit in the Jet.
Anyone know if they are the same size?? thanks! --dave

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Jackson" wrote in message
ink.net...
The new Jet cabinet saw will be here next Friday, so I just listed my
Rockwell contractors saw in the paper. I have a few UHMV table inserts
that'll go with the Rockwell, and a few others I'd like to keep if they'll
fit in the Jet.
Anyone know if they are the same size?? thanks! --dave

Nope. Sort of like expecting Chevy to design their cars to accept Ford
accessories.

But, I think the Delta is larger so it may be able to be cut down and then
re-slotted to fit the Jet. They are also easily made from 1/2" MDF