Posted to rec.woodworking

Default dust extraction

Hi All, I am starting to set up my new work place, I am looking for some
plans or any idea's to make a home made dust extractor unit, it will have to
cope with a table saw, planer, belt sander, band saw, miter saw and my
router table. The room I have is roughly 8 x 8 metres and 2.5 high, so any
help would be greatly appreciated, I have two work benches in a L shape in
the corner along the walls 90" x 24" with the miter saw and planer on them
and a 70" x 30" router table in the middle of the room and another small
work bench with the band saw and drill press on it.
thanks
Eddie

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Eddie" wrote in message
. nl...
Hi All, I am starting to set up my new work place, I am looking for some
plans or any idea's to make a home made dust extractor unit, it will have
to cope with a table saw, planer, belt sander, band saw, miter saw and my
router table. The room I have is roughly 8 x 8 metres and 2.5 high, so any
help would be greatly appreciated, I have two work benches in a L shape in
the corner along the walls 90" x 24" with the miter saw and planer on them
and a 70" x 30" router table in the middle of the room and another small
work bench with the band saw and drill press on it.
thanks
Eddie

Unless you are building a cyclone-type system, to be honest, its probably
not even worth making your own dust extractor.
Just grab one of the 2HP units from grizzly or even Harbor Freight. It
wouldnt be worth the hassle to make your own in my opinion??
Guess it depends if you can get the materials to make one for next to
nothing?

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor, OnlineToolReviews.com
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Over 110+ woodworking product reviews online!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- PowerTwist Link Belts
- Ryobi "LiveTool" Range
- Triton 2.25HP Router
- Coldheat Cordless Glue Gun
- Festool Random Orbit Sanders
- Kreg Miter Gauge Update
=========================

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:46:43 +0200, "Eddie"
wrote:

Hi All, I am starting to set up my new work place, I am looking for some
plans or any idea's to make a home made dust extractor unit, it will have to
cope with a table saw, planer, belt sander, band saw, miter saw and my
router table. The room I have is roughly 8 x 8 metres and 2.5 high, so any
help would be greatly appreciated, I have two work benches in a L shape in
the corner along the walls 90" x 24" with the miter saw and planer on them
and a 70" x 30" router table in the middle of the room and another small
work bench with the band saw and drill press on it.
thanks
Eddie

See Shopnotes Volume 3 Issue 13. It has detailed plans to construct a
cyclone and filter box. The plans use a Reliant 1 HP motor, which is
barely adequate for a small shop. After buying all the materials it
can easily be more expensive than buying a Penn State 2 HP DC. If you
plan on any overhead piping go for at least a 2.5 HP unit. In any
event, plan for a remote control--I can kick myself for not getting a
remote in earlier years.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Cheers for the information guys, what I was after was pipe sizes and switch
over information so it would be on all the machines and so I could just
switch it over to run it on one machine at a time.
Eddie.
"Eddie" wrote in message
. nl...
Hi All, I am starting to set up my new work place, I am looking for some
plans or any idea's to make a home made dust extractor unit, it will have
to cope with a table saw, planer, belt sander, band saw, miter saw and my
router table. The room I have is roughly 8 x 8 metres and 2.5 high, so any
help would be greatly appreciated, I have two work benches in a L shape in
the corner along the walls 90" x 24" with the miter saw and planer on them
and a 70" x 30" router table in the middle of the room and another small
work bench with the band saw and drill press on it.
thanks
Eddie

Posted to rec.woodworking

Eddie wrote:

Hi All, I am starting to set up my new work place, I am looking for some
plans or any idea's to make a home made dust extractor unit, it will have to
cope with a table saw, planer, belt sander, band saw, miter saw and my
router table. The room I have is roughly 8 x 8 metres and 2.5 high, so any
help would be greatly appreciated, I have two work benches in a L shape in
the corner along the walls 90" x 24" with the miter saw and planer on them
and a 70" x 30" router table in the middle of the room and another small
work bench with the band saw and drill press on it.
thanks
Eddie

I have been looking into this as I will be building a workshop when I
build my house and some of the best information is at

http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/Index.cfm

the short version is cheep does not keep you safe, use a well powered
Cyclone keep the collector from overfilling and either blow the fine
dust outside if you can or get a good filter stack

--
replace spamblock with my family name to e-mail me

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:26:13 +0200, "Eddie" wrote:

Cheers for the information guys, what I was after was pipe sizes and switch
over information so it would be on all the machines and so I could just
switch it over to run it on one machine at a time.
Eddie.
"Eddie" wrote in message
.nl...
Hi All, I am starting to set up my new work place, I am looking for some
plans or any idea's to make a home made dust extractor unit, it will have
to cope with a table saw, planer, belt sander, band saw, miter saw and my
router table. The room I have is roughly 8 x 8 metres and 2.5 high, so any
help would be greatly appreciated, I have two work benches in a L shape in
the corner along the walls 90" x 24" with the miter saw and planer on them
and a 70" x 30" router table in the middle of the room and another small
work bench with the band saw and drill press on it.
thanks
Eddie

Eddie.. this might give you some help on ducting:

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/ductwork.html

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis