Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Help identifying my new/old jointer

Hi all. Its been a long time since I have posted anything but I am
back in my woodworking mode again. I just picked up a
Delta/Milwaukee/Rockwell 6" jointer tonight and thought that someone
might be able to help me identifying it. It is currently too dark to
see any model markings on it as I need a new ballast in my shop light.
The serial # is ak4816. It is belt driven and has 3 cutting heads. I
am really exited I only paid $40 for it. Can't wait to fire it up and
make some sawdust. Can anyone help me figure out when it was made and
what the model is. telling me where the model # would be helpful, or
any help for that matter since i have never had a jointer before.
thanks in advance

Petey

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6 Sep 2006 21:47:13 -0700, "Petey" wrote:

Hi all. Its been a long time since I have posted anything but I am
back in my woodworking mode again. I just picked up a
Delta/Milwaukee/Rockwell 6" jointer tonight and thought that someone
might be able to help me identifying it. It is currently too dark to
see any model markings on it as I need a new ballast in my shop light.
The serial # is ak4816. It is belt driven and has 3 cutting heads. I
am really exited I only paid $40 for it. Can't wait to fire it up and
make some sawdust. Can anyone help me figure out when it was made and
what the model is. telling me where the model # would be helpful, or
any help for that matter since i have never had a jointer before.
thanks in advance

I can't help with the particulars, but Norm Abram used a Rockwell
jointer in several of the earlier episodes of The New Yankee Workshop.
If you go to my website (URL in my sig line), and go to the Norm's
Tools area, you will find, under either "Jointers" or "Delta" the
jointer in question, and there's a picture. It may not be exactly the
one you have, but there's a model number which will give you a head
start (by the way, I think Delta/Rockwell's jointers had a 37-xxx
format).

Good luck.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6 Sep 2006 21:47:13 -0700, "Petey" wrote:

Hi all. Its been a long time since I have posted anything but I am
back in my woodworking mode again. I just picked up a
Delta/Milwaukee/Rockwell 6" jointer tonight and thought that someone
might be able to help me identifying it. It is currently too dark to

Check out OWWM.com and poke around.

This link is an older Delta/Milwaukee 6" from the same site.
http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id=372

Mike O.