Posted to rec.woodworking

Default thinnest 10" blade

I am looking for the thinnest kerf 10" saw blade. Freud has a few at .090
and .091 but was wondering if there is something thinner in a combination
blade.
Posted to rec.woodworking

R. Pierce Butler wrote:
I am looking for the thinnest kerf 10" saw blade. Freud has a few
at .090 and .091 but was wondering if there is something thinner in
a combination blade.

The thinnest I know of is about 1/16 (0.063). The one I had was
Japanese...don't recall the manufacturer but Hitachi makes them too.
Don't know if they are available in combo, mine was ATB.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Stu Stu is offline

R. Pierce Butler wrote:
I am looking for the thinnest kerf 10" saw blade. Freud has a few at .090
and .091 but was wondering if there is something thinner in a combination
blade.

Without spending a lot of money, you can just use a smaller blade for
most things. When I need a thin kerf on my 10" tablesaw, I use a 5
1/2" blade that is very thin--about 1/16" or less.