Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworking season has offically arrived!

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
This is evident, as a multitude of catalogs have stuffed my mailbox
this week. (yours too, Rob! My order will be in this week. G)

Woodcraft is now pushing a Jet rip-off of a Tormek. I'm not in the
market for a "sharpening system" right now, but I was wondering...

The Jet seems to cost as much as the Tormek, why would someone buy it
over the tried and true original? Does the Jet do things the Tormek
dosen't?

One interesting point is that the Jet sharpener uses "Flitz" as a
polishing compound. Flitz is great stuff, available from many
sources, so Tormek users should take note.

Yeah, it is early fall in Houston, humidity down to 45%, a slight north
breeze and highs in the low 90's. Looks like it is going to be an early
winter.