Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is a Cabinet Scraper Good For?

Removing the smeared blood trail left behind on tiger maple after
you've cut yourself (unnoticed) on the freshly burnished edge.

Gee, who'da thought?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Banes wrote:

Removing the smeared blood trail left behind on tiger maple after
you've cut yourself (unnoticed) on the freshly burnished edge.

Gee, who'da thought?

Welcome to the club! Anyone showed you the secret handshake?

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

charlie b wrote:
Tom Banes wrote:

Removing the smeared blood trail left behind on tiger maple after
you've cut yourself (unnoticed) on the freshly burnished edge.

Gee, who'da thought?

Welcome to the club! Anyone showed you the secret handshake?

You shake hands with people that have blood on them? Ew.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:13:29 -0700, charlie b
wrote:
Welcome to the club! Anyone showed you the secret handshake?

charlie b

Charlie:

All my pinkies have tiny little slices on them, and one palm has a
pretty good nick where the burnisher slipped off the edge, leaving my
off hand only one place toend up, and that place was sharp! So I don't
want to shake hands.

I suspect the "secret handshake" does not involve any contact, but I
still have a lot to learn.

The damn things do leave a nice finish though, and lots of neat little
curlies on the floor.

Regards.
Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
Well you obviously wasn't thinking. If you'd bled enough to cover
the whole thing you wouldn'e have had to remove it. Should have been an
interesting finish, you could have honestly said it was hand made.

LOL - I've got to 'hand' it to you there - I'd never thought of that
before. It would even fluoresce under UV light! (For a while)
Probably a good thing it doesn't catch on, though - I'd hate to get
woodworkers into a competition with the red cross. And if I wanted to
get a project done, I don't think I'd be patient enough to wait the
whole 8 weeks between donations/coats.

Seriously, I still haven't gotten really good at burnishing, but I'm
always scared that my hand/the burnisher will slip exactly as you
described.

Hope you heal soon,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1 Sep 2006 06:19:45 -0700, "Andy" wrote:

J T wrote:
Well you obviously wasn't thinking. If you'd bled enough to cover
the whole thing you wouldn'e have had to remove it. Should have been an
interesting finish, you could have honestly said it was hand made.

LOL - I've got to 'hand' it to you there - I'd never thought of that
before. It would even fluoresce under UV light! (For a while)
Probably a good thing it doesn't catch on, though - I'd hate to get
woodworkers into a competition with the red cross. And if I wanted to
get a project done, I don't think I'd be patient enough to wait the
whole 8 weeks between donations/coats.

Seriously, I still haven't gotten really good at burnishing, but I'm
always scared that my hand/the burnisher will slip exactly as you
described.

Hope you heal soon,
Andy

whole/hole new meaning to "blood wood"... yuk...

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis