Phisherman

Default Converting metal cabinet to tool cabinet - suggestions

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:49:39 -0400, "Steve"
wrote:

I recently acquired a lab cabinet (metal 2 doors 3'x6'x18" deep) and wanted
to convert the removable shelves to peg board mounted to the inside of the
doors and the inside surfaces of the cabinet to replace my existing wall
mounted peg board setup. However thinking about it I recall seeing in some
magazines what I call master woodworker tool boxes and wall cabinets that
seem to hold a lot of stuff in a very compact space. I was thinking that if
I was clever enough I could mount board, shelves and even a second interior
door that would fold out that I could even hang more stuff. Alas I am unable
to recall where I saw these pictures. I would like to use this cabinet to
store typical hanging tools and drill bit boxes and maybe even a box at the
bottom to hold a skill saw, table saw blades etc.

Suggestions to the layout, pictures, any help would be welcome....

I've been wanting a METAL cabinet for years to store my paints,
varnishes, and flammable solvents. Much safer than storing them a on
shelf.

I find pegboards with custom-made wooden holders with metal L hooks
are the best for storing my tools. I might want a metal cabinet for
tools to protect them from moisture. Sorry I don't have any pictures.