Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My Kitchen Part 1 (w/pics)

Hello everyone,

All is done on my big ash table except for me turning a wooden knob for it.
I am going to make one from ash, ipe, figured walnut and apple to see what
looks best. Once it is done, who want's to help me move the 200+ lb
behemoth?

I am about to start on our own kitchen where the shop foreman and I live. It
might not seem like much so far, but it is really alot. I have about 200 BF
of poplar for the face frames and doors sitting on the lumber rack and today
I picked up all the carcass parts. As a tool monger I know many people in
the cabinet industry and I had someone else turn 6 sheets of 5/8" melamine
into the various parts that will make up the boxes in our kitchen. I gave
them a cut list and they cut the parts on a scoring panel saw and edge
banded as per my instructions.

I just took the skid of parts home today and hope to start building boxes
next week.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...gpartshome.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...rtsonbench.jpg

Stay tuned,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in mine, I'm him.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

All is done on my big ash table except for me turning a wooden knob for
it. I am going to make one from ash, ipe, figured walnut and apple to see
what looks best. Once it is done, who want's to help me move the 200+ lb
behemoth?

David, the Ipe will turn very slowly because of its hardness but sanded and
waxed on the lathe it tures out with a beautiful finish that requires no
varnish.
About 16 months ago I built a Butcher block breadfast room table with a
42x42 x3 rock maple top. The legs were 3" square. I ended up moving the
top as a seperate unit on a 4 wheel fruniture dolly.