Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ping: Mark & Juanita

I put some Watco Danish oil (neutral) on a small piece, didn't darken but
very little. The " rich brown" color is what I want. What did you use or am
I doing something wrong or using the wrong oil?

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jimmy" writes:

I put some Watco Danish oil (neutral) on a small piece, didn't
darken but very little. The " rich brown" color is what I want. What
did you use or am I doing something wrong or using the wrong oil?

Neutral wouldn't change the color much. That's why it's neutral.
You can use the dark Watcos.......

Medium Walnut
Dark Walnut
Black Walnut
etc.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:16:11 GMT, "Jimmy"
wrote:

I put some Watco Danish oil (neutral) on a small piece, didn't darken but
very little. The " rich brown" color is what I want. What did you use or am
I doing something wrong or using the wrong oil?

Thanks

The Danish Oil I used was Moser's Danish oil from Woodworkers' Supply.
I've noticed that their particular finish tends to be a bit darker than
some other Danish oils.

Hope that helps. I'll post a couple of pictures to a.b.p.ww. Looking at
the scanned photos compared to the current color, I think the color has
mellowed somewhat in the past several years.