Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I've decided to make a new Router Table

And one idea that struck me was to implement a traverse feeder into the
design, you know the type in a machine shop in particular the milling
machine that has a wheel spindle to feed the viced workpiece through the
cutter.

I've seen so many home bred router tables but none with an traverse fed
system.

Anyone oblige to a URL to give me an idea to work to?

Thanks

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to rec.woodworking

machine that has a wheel spindle to feed the viced workpiece through the
cutter.

Feeding speed will be an issue. Slow speed on many species results in
burning.

A sliding table would be a better design.

Alan

Posted to rec.woodworking

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
And one idea that struck me was to implement a traverse feeder into the
design, you know the type in a machine shop in particular the milling
machine that has a wheel spindle to feed the viced workpiece through the
cutter.

I've seen so many home bred router tables but none with an traverse fed
system.

Anyone oblige to a URL to give me an idea to work to?

Thanks

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

I have a mill-drill. it is nominally a metal working tool, but it
really is great for woodworking. the table is large, it takes lots of
sizes of cutters with R8 collets and it has a screw-fed XY table. it
also has a wide range of spindle speeds to avoid the burning issues of
the day...

Posted to rec.woodworking

arw01 wrote:
machine that has a wheel spindle to feed the viced workpiece through
the cutter.

Feeding speed will be an issue. Slow speed on many species results in
burning.

A sliding table would be a better design.

Alan

Ureka! I've sussed it. :-)
Anyway Alan I just used the milling traverse feeder as means to get the
general idea across.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite