Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ash Table all Galooed up w/pics

Hello everyone,

I did the final glued up on my big ash table tonight,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...bledryfit3.jpg

With the new longer drawer runners in, it wasn't 4" to narrow this time
(Doh!) I did measure twice the first time, I just measured the wrong
thing....

Here is the table as it stands right now with the drawer in it and the
drawer kicker installed,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...egalooedup.jpg

Here is a close up of the drawer,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...abledrawer.jpg

The dovetails are not perfect and I am alright with that. I much prefer the
oddities and irregularities of not perfect dovetails vs. machine cut
precision.

The reveal around the drawer is quite small, just what I was looking for,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...awerreveal.jpg

All I have to do now is make the buttons to hold the top to the skirt
(although gravity might be enough with the top weighing in at ~150lbs) and
pick a finish. I am vacillating between water based poly for total ease (and
inevitable damage from a 16 year old) and a stain and oil poly finish. I
know the foreman would like a dark or dark red finish. I am still on the
fence about the finish. I guess I will know tomorrow when I start it...

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has One, in Mine I'm Him.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Looks nice David. We'll be looking forward too seeing it finished and
seeing what color you paint it. ;~)