Posted to rec.woodworking
tor

Default Planer hidden in outfeed table. Exciting.

Pictures below:

I build xylophone tables and chests in a small woodshop where my table
saw resides in the only location eager for long boards. I have devised
a flip table that allows the planer to occupy that space, maintain a
large anti-snipe troat insert, take only a moment to set-up, and as a
bonus, swivel around to receive the second pass of a large unit of
lumber, without moving the wood back to the inital location.

Where the outfeed table connects with the table saw, (either
contractors, or cabinet) a 2x4 runs the length of the table saw's
rear edge such that the 1" thick hinged table that rests on it is at
the proper height. The outfeed table is split in half length-wise and
fixed with a pair of double action hinges to keep the surface free of
protruding hinges. A circle of 3/4" plywood is cut large enough to
mount the planer using some "L" brackets and sheet metal screws. A
beefy countersunk bolt with 2" washers acts as the pivot/hanging
mount for the swivel. Lastly, the legs are first cut to length by
sighting down the table and screwing all but the leg attached to the
flipping part, which is held in place by a upward protruding pin
inserted in a hole in the table. (I prop the planer up with a stick as
I only used 3/4" plywood)

With some modification, this table could flip both ways, holding yet
another tool, say, a drum sander, or a jointer.

http://www.musicalfurnishings.com/Image(224).jpg

http://www.musicalfurnishings.com/Image(226).jpg

http://www.musicalfurnishings.com/Image(227).jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"tor" wrote

Pictures below:

I build xylophone tables and chests in a small woodshop where my table
saw resides in the only location eager for long boards. I have devised
a flip table that allows the planer to occupy that space, maintain a
large anti-snipe troat insert, take only a moment to set-up, and as a
bonus, swivel around to receive the second pass of a large unit of
lumber, without moving the wood back to the inital location.

snip

Looks good.

Why don't you show us some pictures of your work?