Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Redwood Siding

I have 1/2 x 10 inch plain bevel redwood siding on my home. I need to
replace some damaged boards, but can only find 3/4" siding. Anyone
have ideas about building a jig for a planer or jointer to bring the
thickness down to 1/2 inch? What I'm puzzled over is the thin edge of
the bevel is quite fragile and can split if handled roughly. Thought
I'd start with the experts. Any ideas would be helpful.
Mike in Oregon