Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router bit advice

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...288009?ie=UTF8

Will these be ok for a weekend warrior?

Looks like HF has a same package for twice as much, twice as good?

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Have you read the reviews on Amazon? Not too encouraging. Still,
they're cheap, so what have you got to lose? How'd that old saw go:
"Cry a thousand times"? Tom
Locutus wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...288009?ie=UTF8

Will these be ok for a weekend warrior?

Looks like HF has a same package for twice as much, twice as good?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Locutus" wrote in message
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...288009?ie=UTF8

Will these be ok for a weekend warrior?

Looks like HF has a same package for twice as much, twice as good?

Normally you get what you pay for however this looks like a pretty good
deal. Typically a single good quality bit can cost that much. FWIW I
bought 2 flush cut bearing piloted bits at the local WW show for about
$11.00 and have not been disappointed at all. IIRC Home Depot sells this
brand also.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Locutus wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...288009?ie=UTF8

Will these be ok for a weekend warrior?

Looks like HF has a same package for twice as much, twice as good?

I'd consider myself a weekend warrior. I have a table saw, circular
saw, some clamps and a router. I find the cheaper tools and
accessories are a good way to get started and see if I will really use
them. I work in plywood and pine and dimensional lumber, and
occasionally I'll buy Red Oak for something special. I have learned
alot of things about WW over the years and don't regret any of it. I
can really appreciate good tools and materials now when I buy them. My
cheap tools produce good work, because I don't expect too much of them.
When I want showpiece quality, and am ready to invest the time, effort
and expense, I'll know what I'm doing.

James

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline