Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What can I sell these for?

Hiya Folks,
Well I'm finally realizing that I just won't be able to build a workshop
just now. So it's time to unload the Tablesaw and 6" Jointer. I've
replaced both with a cabinet saw and 8" jointer but was hoping to keep both
for when I had more space. I need the room in the garage so I'm looking to
sell them. What is the collective's opinion on a reasonable asking price?
Here are the details: Jet Contractor's saw, JWTS-10JF and is about 4-5
years old. Works like a champ. I've removed the fence but have a ShopFox
Bies clone fence in the box ready to go with it. I see Amazon has this saw
for $849. Second, a Sunhill 6" Jointer, 3 years old and also in great
shape. Both are on homemade mobile bases (nothing fancy). I'm in
Albuquerque if that makes any difference. I hate to see them go but I
think it's my only option.
Cheers,
cc

Posted to rec.woodworking

"James \"Cubby\" Culbertson" wrote in
:

[...]

Instead of giving up on building a workshop, why not make your garage into
a workshop? pardon my French, but f__k the cars. They can live outside
just fine. I'm sure you don't own a $100,000 Ferrari or Lamborghini.
(I'll be damned if our '99 Oldsmobile 88 beats me out of my woodworking
hobby!) And if your garage is full of stuff, consider getting rid of the
stuff (to charity, to family, friends) or selling the stuff, storing it at
a mini-storage place, or perhaps buying a $500 shed kit to store the
lawnmower and other junk. You only live once, my friend. Think of all
those great projects you can build for family, friends, to sell, etc..
Federal period card tables (my next project -- just saw on New Yankee
Workshop), cedar chests, curio cabinets, etc..

Posted to rec.woodworking

These are his second set.
Wilson
"grappletech" wrote in message
[...]

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

I'd think you should be able to get at least $500 for the saw and
around $250 for the jointer. Good luck.

JP

Posted to rec.woodworking

Used prices depend on the make and the model. They depend
on age and care.

Generally speaking, 50% of current list os a good starting
point.

Any excessive wear or bad paint will lower the price.

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

Hiya Folks,
Well I'm finally realizing that I just won't be able to build a workshop
just now. So it's time to unload the Tablesaw and 6" Jointer. I've
replaced both with a cabinet saw and 8" jointer but was hoping to keep both
for when I had more space. I need the room in the garage so I'm looking to
sell them. What is the collective's opinion on a reasonable asking price?
Here are the details: Jet Contractor's saw, JWTS-10JF and is about 4-5
years old. Works like a champ. I've removed the fence but have a ShopFox
Bies clone fence in the box ready to go with it. I see Amazon has this saw
for $849. Second, a Sunhill 6" Jointer, 3 years old and also in great
shape.

Posted to rec.woodworking

And like new will raise it.
I'd go 70-75% on a like new tool I really wanted.
Depends upon how much of a hurry you are in.
Wilson
"Pat Barber" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hiya Folks,
Well I'm finally realizing that I just won't be able to build a workshop
just now. So it's time to unload the Tablesaw and 6" Jointer. I've
replaced both with a cabinet saw and 8" jointer but was hoping to keep
both for when I had more space. I need the room in the garage so I'm
looking to sell them. What is the collective's opinion on a reasonable
asking price? Here are the details: Jet Contractor's saw, JWTS-10JF and
is about 4-5 years old. Works like a champ. I've removed the fence
but have a ShopFox Bies clone fence in the box ready to go with it. I
see Amazon has this saw for $849. Second, a Sunhill 6" Jointer, 3 years
old and also in great shape.

Hello,

What I'm curious of (since I've had my eye on that saw) is where are
you located?

:-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"bremen68" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I mentioned it in my OP but it looks like it got snipped. I'm in
Albuquerque.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Folks!
I would really like to keep both but just don't have the space. I think
I'll list on whatever free boards there are locally and see what I get.
I'll prolly shoot for 50% of original cost on the jointer and more like 75%
or so on the table saw especially as it's coming with a brand new fence.
Cheers,
cc

Posted to rec.woodworking

Too bad for me... I'm in PA and that's just a tad far too far. ;-)

Thanks and good luck. You shouldn't have any trouble getting those
prices for that equipment.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:44:22 -0600, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"
wrote:

[...]

In NW Wisconsin, I'd give you $450-500 for the saw. Not sure about
the jointer, as I'm not familiar with that one. I'm not in the market
for either, but if I were, that's what I'd be willing to pay- others
may vary.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Second, a Sunhill 6" Jointer, 3 years old and also in great
shape. Both are on homemade mobile bases (nothing fancy). I'm in
Albuquerque if that makes any difference. I hate to see them go but I
think it's my only option.

That jointer is $395 new, with warranty. Plus freight, of course.
http://sunhillmachinery.com/store/

I'd offer you $250 if I was close to you but I'm 2000 miles away.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

Second, a Sunhill 6" Jointer, 3 years old and also in great
shape. Both are on homemade mobile bases (nothing fancy). I'm in
Albuquerque if that makes any difference. I hate to see them go but I
think it's my only option.

That jointer is $395 new, with warranty. Plus freight, of course.
http://sunhillmachinery.com/store/

I'd offer you $250 if I was close to you but I'm 2000 miles away.

C'mon Edwin, we could meet halfway......