Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Recommendations for laminate cutting tablesaw blade

Does Forrest Woodworker II cut Melamine without chipping too?! I see
Forrest sells its own laminate blade, but its $145 at Amazon.. Seems like
that much is overkill for the hobbyist woodworker making an occasional
shelf/table top/shop or tool fixture. If Woodoworker II does that well
also.. Maybe it is the great all purpose modern day woodworker elixir..

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jim Hall" wrote in message
Does Forrest Woodworker II cut Melamine without chipping too?! I see
Forrest sells its own laminate blade, but its $145 at Amazon.. Seems like
that much is overkill for the hobbyist woodworker making an occasional
shelf/table top/shop or tool fixture. If Woodoworker II does that well
also.. Maybe it is the great all purpose modern day woodworker elixir..

I have had good results with a sharp Forrest WWII however IIRC that blade
does not do well in that type cutting in magazine tests.

Posted to rec.woodworking

After you screw an entire sheet or two of melamine,
you will understand why most of the blade guys sell
a laminate blade.

Most any blade can cut laminate but most any blade
will leave "many" tiny chips on the edges
of the cut.

This will ruin your day and your material.

Laminate requires a high tooth count blade.

Freud sells an excellent 96 tooth blade for this
purpose. (around $100)

http://www.freudtools.com/woodworker...aminate_1.html
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...7&cookietest=1