Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table saws at Lowes

I'm looking for a large table saw. Lowes has a Hitachi (CFL10) and a Delta
(not sure of number) brand. Both are $500. The Delta gives you a choise of
three fences that have to be purchased separately, making the Delta more
expensive.

I'm leaning towards the Delta. The fence goes out to 30", all plates of the
table are cast iron and the design is more conventional with the motor in
the rear.

Anyone familiar with these? Please give me some feedback.
Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

Any opinions on the Ridgid table saw that Home Depot carries? I gave it a
perfunctory look the last time I was there and it seemed like a pretty good
value. I particularly liked the fact that it could be set up to run 110/220.

Joe

"SimonLW" wrote in message
I'm looking for a large table saw. Lowes has a Hitachi (CFL10) and a Delta
(not sure of number) brand. Both are $500. The Delta gives you a choise of
three fences that have to be purchased separately, making the Delta more
expensive.

I'm leaning towards the Delta. The fence goes out to 30", all plates of
the table are cast iron and the design is more conventional with the motor
in the rear.

Anyone familiar with these? Please give me some feedback.
Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

Wood magazine gave the Ridgid top marks and recommended saw. I bought
it on that advice and have been very happy with it. I love the
hercule lift system and think it is a well built saw. Given a choice
of buying one again, I wouldn't hesitate. The only difference in
choice I would make is if I wanted to jump up to a cabinet saw, but
that doubles the price or more. Otherwise, an outstanding saw.

- Clayton

"SimonLW" wrote in message
I'm looking for a large table saw. Lowes has a Hitachi (CFL10) and a Delta
(not sure of number) brand. Both are $500. The Delta gives you a choise of
three fences that have to be purchased separately, making the Delta more
expensive.

I'm leaning towards the Delta. The fence goes out to 30", all plates of
the table are cast iron and the design is more conventional with the motor
in the rear.

Anyone familiar with these? Please give me some feedback.
Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe Befumo wrote:
Any opinions on the Ridgid table saw that Home Depot carries? I gave it a
perfunctory look the last time I was there and it seemed like a pretty good
value. I particularly liked the fact that it could be set up to run 110/220.

Joe

At $549 its not bad.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...4+3966&pos=n24

Wow and I paid $350 for a used unisaw. I guess if I saved my pennies I
could have gotten the more expensive contractor's saw with less power
to boot. But I just couldn't wait.

Table Slides For Three Leaf Expanding Dining Table Alan Smithee Woodworking 13 October 28th 05 01:42 PM
New bandsaw saga PartII (long) Bruce Woodworking 0 December 30th 03 06:41 PM
10" table saws SagDEG Woodworking 8 December 29th 03 08:54 AM
Benchtop Table Saws: Ridgid TS2400 vs Bosch 4000 Chris E Forest Woodworking 3 December 19th 03 03:13 PM
Table Saws at Costco or Sam's Club??? nickelpar Woodworking 6 December 14th 03 02:37 PM