Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta Removeable Splitter on Left Tilt

I have the inexpensive ($35) Delta splitter part number 1349941, which I am
moving from my contractor saw to left tilt Unisaw. I followed the
instructions at: http://www.sawcenter.com/splitter.htm for installing on a
left tilt. I noticed that when mounted on a left tilt it is now only the
spring tension which keeps it from leaning over away from the fence.
Priviously, the top bolt kept it from leaning away from the fence and it was
much more rigid.

Any one else noticed this?

-- Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark Morin" wrote in

I have the inexpensive ($35) Delta splitter part number 1349941,
which I am moving from my contractor saw to left tilt Unisaw. I
followed the instructions at: http://www.sawcenter.com/splitter.htm
for installing on a left tilt. I noticed that when mounted on a left
tilt it is now only the spring tension which keeps it from leaning
over away from the fence. Priviously, the top bolt kept it from
leaning away from the fence and it was much more rigid.

Any one else noticed this?

-- Mark

Is there not a stud on yours which slips into a slot on the arbor? There
is on my 4 yr old LT Uni, with the same splitter type.

Patriarch
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:52:57 -0700, "Mark Morin"
wrote:

I have the inexpensive ($35) Delta splitter part number 1349941, which I am
moving from my contractor saw to left tilt Unisaw. I followed the
instructions at: http://www.sawcenter.com/splitter.htm for installing on a
left tilt. I noticed that when mounted on a left tilt it is now only the
spring tension which keeps it from leaning over away from the fence.
Priviously, the top bolt kept it from leaning away from the fence and it was
much more rigid.

Any one else noticed this?

Even the instructions that came with mine were a bit muddled.

When properly assembled, the mount will be exactly reversed from
figure 19 in your reference. The nut, spring and square "washer" will
all be on the right side.

You then need to also reverse the shouldered stud in the splitter it
self. The flat head and shoulder should be on the left side of the
splitter.

The splitter is then installed on the right side of the mount with the
split tang of the splitter captured between the square washer and the
fixed mount.

See the following snapshots.

http://tinyurl.com/m6tl7

http://tinyurl.com/lsvzj

Wes
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks! The pictures were perfect. I embarassed to say I didn't flip all
of the parts correctly.

It now works fine.

Thanks again,
-- Mark

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:52:57 -0700, "Mark Morin"
wrote:

[Lines Removed]

See the following snapshots.

http://tinyurl.com/m6tl7

http://tinyurl.com/lsvzj

Wes

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:53:02 -0700, "Mark Morin"
wrote:

|Thanks! The pictures were perfect. I embarassed to say I didn't flip all
|of the parts correctly.
|
|It now works fine.

Great. Taking the photos gave me an excuse to go into the shop.
Sorry I didn't blow the dust off, but I can't bend over without
extreme pain, literally in the butt. I blew out a couple of discs in
my back about three months ago and everything has stopped.

TV watching and beer drinking is about it. Not that is necessarily
bad, but I've got projects to do. [g]

Keep track of your fingers.

Wes