Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking for someone to resaw 1 board in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Thought I would ask here first...

I'm looking for someone who would be capable of resawing a piece of spalted wood for me.

If you wouldn't mind helping me out, (and I'd truly appreciate it) the piece is 16" x 12" x 2-1/2" thick. My bandsaw doesn't have a riser kit, but I would love to have this in more useable pieces.. ~5/8" thick

Thanks
Mike
mike @ Ottawawood.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm nowhere near you, but the typical recommendation for
this group is that you immediately go out and spend at
least $ 800 on a new bandsaw and practice on a bunch of
scrap for a while before... uh, what was it you wanted?

Mmmmm.. new tools.

MikeMac wrote:
Thought I would ask here first...

I'm looking for someone who would be capable of resawing a piece of
spalted wood for me.

If you wouldn't mind helping me out, (and I'd truly appreciate it) the
piece is 16" x 12" x 2-1/2" thick. My bandsaw doesn't have a riser kit,
but I would love to have this in more useable pieces.. ~5/8" thick

Thanks
Mike
mike @ Ottawawood.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"MikeMac" wrote in message
Haha ... trust me, that was my immediate thought, too.

SWMBO tends to disagree, however.

I guess I'll try the local exotic lumber yard, but it'll still prolly cost
me $25 for 2-3 cuts. Be a shame to rip it to 6" width to cut it on my own
saw.

Mike

You could always glue the pieces back together.

Posted to rec.woodworking

MikeMac wrote:
Thought I would ask here first...
I'm looking for someone who would be capable of resawing a piece of
spalted wood for me.
If you wouldn't mind helping me out, (and I'd truly appreciate it) the
piece is 16" x 12" x 2-1/2" thick. My bandsaw doesn't have a riser kit,
but I would love to have this in more useable pieces.. ~5/8" thick
Thanks
Mike
mike @ Ottawawood.com

Mike, I'd guess you are talking about Woodsource in Ottawa. There's a
guy in Wakefield who will do that kind of thing as well. I don't
remember his prices, but I believe they are comparable to Woodsource.

Les entreprises Bizier inc.
20, Route 105, Wakefield Québec
J0X 3G0 Canada
819 459 1211 Fax : 819.459.1201

www.bizier.ca

The owner is Marc Bizier and is very approachable. It's worth knowing
other sources.

His shop is about 35 minutes from Rideau & King Edward.

Tanus

--
This is not really a sig.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
MikeMac wrote:
-=-=-=-=-=-

Thought I would ask here first...

I'm looking for someone who would be capable of resawing a piece of
spalted wood for me.

If you wouldn't mind helping me out, (and I'd truly appreciate it) the
piece is 16" x 12" x 2-1/2" thick. My bandsaw doesn't have a riser kit,
but I would love to have this in more useable pieces.. ~5/8" thick

Thanks
Mike
mike @ Ottawawood.com

-=-=-=-=-=-
[Alternative: text/html]
-=-=-=-=-=-

For just that one board, another alternative is a hand saw. Before you
use the handsaw, though, set your tablesaw fence to the witdth you
want plus an appropriate amount for finishing/scraping/planing/sanding
or whatever methoud you use. Then groove the board all around
including the end grain sides. The table saw cuts will guid your
handsaw for a straight cut. You'll need to plain the surface even
since a handsaw cuts a much narrower kerf than a tablesaw.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Posted to rec.woodworking
bob bob is offline

I know it's not real close, but Langevin & Forest in Montreal can cut just
about anything, as long as it's wood.

--
Bob

Travel and Astronomy Photos