Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Used my Kreg Propack 2000...

.....for the first time over the weekend. Do I like that tool. Made
up some face frames for a china cabinet base and it was so much easier
and more precise than any of the methods I've used in the past.

I have nothing to do with the company, just complimenting a very nice
product.

Frank
Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Frank Boettcher wrote:
....for the first time over the weekend. Do I like that tool. Made
up some face frames for a china cabinet base and it was so much easier
and more precise than any of the methods I've used in the past.

Get one of these face frame clamps (Picture A).
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3793 . Then use a clamp
like a K-body to clamp the top and bottom (there's a flat metal part on
the bottom of the pictured face frame clamp). This works a lot better
for keeping the two pieces coplanar than the Kreg clamp.. I agree, the
Kreg system is awesome. After I got mine, I was kicking myself for not
getting it years earlier (I used to laugh at Norm for doing it, thought
it was cheesey.. man, was I stupid).