Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default FS: Kreg 2000 Pocket Hole Jig

Complete ... with residual sawdust:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/kregPHjig.JPG

Since I do make a good many face frames on occasion and use pocket hole
joinery for that task more often than not, I recently upgraded to the Kreg
K3 system for the dust collection and front clamping ability and no longer
need this one.

If you don't need, or want to spend the bucks, for the full Monty K3 system,
and you want the ability to do pocket holes easily, you may find a used Kreg
2000 to be a good buy.

I'm not trying to get rich, but was thinking around $50, with me paying the
shipping for UPS ground (about $10), continental USA only.

If you think that's too much, make an offer, but be prepared to pay the
shipping ... I really just want to see it go to a worthy wooddorker who will
use it instead of it laying around here.

.... and oh yeah ... I hate f(*&^ing eBay, so forget it.

If you're interested and want to e-mail me, go to my shop website, follow
the music link on the main page, and use the "booking" e-mail addy at that
website.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default Kreg 2000 Pocket Hole Jig

"Swingman" wrote in message
Since I do make a good many face frames on occasion and use pocket hole
joinery for that task more often than not, I recently upgraded to the Kreg
K3 system for the dust collection and front clamping ability and no longer
need this one.

Assuming you've already used the new one, do you feel that it's a
substantial improvement over the 2000 model?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Swingman" wrote in message
Since I do make a good many face frames on occasion and use pocket hole
joinery for that task more often than not, I recently upgraded to the

Kreg
K3 system for the dust collection and front clamping ability and no

longer
need this one.

Assuming you've already used the new one, do you feel that it's a
substantial improvement over the 2000 model?

Yep ... I've worked the new out pretty well thus far.

The only difference in operation is the dust collection, and not having to
reach around to the other side of the jig to clamp a workpiece. Doing 26
faceframes at a time, those two operations add up to a lot of extra steps.

.... other than that, the results are identical.

The K3 is neither easier, nor harder, to use but it does have a few more
parts/bells/whistles, which most of us will never use, and the indexing is
more adjustable, but again that is not something most will do very often,
IME.

That said, I set up and used the 2000 for three years and never once changed
a single thing from the initial setup ... and I can already tell that it's
going to be the same with my use of the K3.

YMMV ....

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Swingman" wrote in message

That said, I set up and used the 2000 for three years and never once

changed
a single thing from the initial setup ... and I can already tell that it's
going to be the same with my use of the K3.

Thanks. I seriously considered buying the old one from you, but between the
hassles and cost to send it up here to Canada and some design features on
the new model I particularly like, I've decided to go with the K3 model.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Swingman" wrote in message

That said, I set up and used the 2000 for three years and never once

changed
a single thing from the initial setup ... and I can already tell that
it's
going to be the same with my use of the K3.

Thanks. I seriously considered buying the old one from you, but between
the
hassles and cost to send it up here to Canada and some design features on
the new model I particularly like, I've decided to go with the K3 model.

I have the K3 model also and about 7 months now. I have the original
aluminum one that was built to last for ever. Unlike Swingman I have used
the different adjustments on the K3 but like him much prefer the clamp on
the front side rather than the back side. When doing 200-300 at a time not
having to reach over a tall panel is very handy. My dust collector is the
floor.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

So whats wrong with f(*&^ing eBay then?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

It's spoken for ... do appreciate the responses. Thanks!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Stephen M

I think the Swingman's experience tells it. He moved the product to a
targeted audience in 12 hours without the use of a foreign currency (paypal)
and without fees.

"Connor Aston" wrote in message
newsp.s546iiweqkab0d@dellman...
So whats wrong with f(*&^ing eBay then?

It's more complicated than a simple transaction. It has it's advantages,
like reaching a huge audience, but if you have a low tolerance for "fuss",
which it seems I share with my fellow bassist, it is a highly undesirable
way of doing business.

-Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Stephen M" wrote in message

I think the Swingman's experience tells it. He moved the product to a
targeted audience in 12 hours without the use of a foreign currency

(paypal)
and without fees.

"Connor Aston" wrote in message

So whats wrong with f(*&^ing eBay then?

It's more complicated than a simple transaction. It has it's advantages,
like reaching a huge audience, but if you have a low tolerance for "fuss",
which it seems I share with my fellow bassist, it is a highly undesirable
way of doing business.

LOL ... bingo!

Bassist low tolerance for fuss/desirable way of doing business: with five
fingers, four strings leaves one with which to beckon that pretty girl on
the front row.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Pocket hole screws TH Woodworking 5 November 15th 05 08:51 AM
clamping tip for kreg pocket hole jig needed Paul O. Woodworking 3 April 13th 05 05:37 PM
Pocket hole jigs Paul O. Woodworking 11 April 11th 05 02:09 PM
Hole size for a faucet in Corian? toller Home Repair 2 March 8th 05 07:45 PM
OT- Did the Prez lie about WMD? Gunner Metalworking 127 December 18th 03 01:36 PM