Posted to rec.woodworking
vic vic is offline

Default Most durable poly for floors??

Is there a brand of poly that is generally regarded as the most durable
for wood floors?
Thanks for you input.
Vic

Posted to rec.woodworking

vic wrote:
Is there a brand of poly that is generally regarded as the most durable
for wood floors?
Thanks for you input.
Vic

I've got 6 gallons of Bona Kemi MEGA left over from my recent (4000 sq
ft) job. Also got a gallon of Bonaseal (sealer). It's good stuff,
and just below the commercial grade they use in malls and stores. If
you are interested ($38 per gallon)let me know.

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 24 Jul 2006 03:50:39 -0700, "vic" wrote:

Is there a brand of poly that is generally regarded as the most durable
for wood floors?

Yes, but it's not poly. Poly is certainly usable (i.e. people use it)
but I'd never use it mysefl. Look at acid cure formaldehyde resins
instead. They're water-white, easy to apply (absolutely stink though)
and they're furniture-standing hard in a couple of hours.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy Dingley wrote:

On 24 Jul 2006 03:50:39 -0700, "vic" wrote:

Is there a brand of poly that is generally regarded as the most durable
for wood floors?

Yes, but it's not poly. Poly is certainly usable (i.e. people use it)
but I'd never use it mysefl. Look at acid cure formaldehyde resins
instead. They're water-white, easy to apply (absolutely stink though)
and they're furniture-standing hard in a couple of hours.

Do you have some brands?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:37:11 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Do you have some brands?

UK brands only - I use Rustins Floorcoat, and they also do a Bar Top
finish that's heat resistant too.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Do you have some brands?

UK brands only - I use Rustins Floorcoat, and they also do a Bar Top
finish that's heat resistant too.

A quick Google doesn't find any US brands, possibly due to formaldehyde
hysteria--we really need a Steed and Mrs. Peel to go after _our_ Fear
Merchants.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

MinWax Wipe-on poly problem Sasha Woodworking 4 May 3rd 06 08:32 PM
Thinning Poly Chronos Woodworking 14 May 29th 05 10:52 PM
Advice needed on putting poly on wood interior doors Shawn Home Repair 15 January 17th 05 05:26 AM
Oil Based Poly and Butcher Block Dan White Woodworking 2 October 27th 04 12:50 PM
' Help! Rough surface after poly coat!' Ron Magen Woodworking 0 October 1st 03 01:49 PM