Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New video: Sliding Table Alignment

Hi Folks,

Just thought some of you might be interested. No charge, it's an
on-line video (for those with high speed connections). No spam, no
harvesting. Nothing but interesting (and hopefully useful) videos.

http://www.ts-aligner.com/videos.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Ed Bennett

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Tom is offline

Hi Ed,
I tried to view the sliding table clip with media player 10 but it gave the
message "unable to open..."
And the player window was blank, so I clicked the link, to no avail.
Thanks,
Tom
Maker of Fine Sawdust and Thin Shavings
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Folks,

Just thought some of you might be interested. No charge, it's an
on-line video (for those with high speed connections). No spam, no
harvesting. Nothing but interesting (and hopefully useful) videos.

http://www.ts-aligner.com/videos.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Ed Bennett

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom" advanced-AT-EWOLdotcom wrote in message
I tried to view the sliding table clip with media player 10 but it gave

the
message "unable to open..."
And the player window was blank, so I clicked the link, to no avail.

I've got version 10.00.00.4019 and it runs fine. Perhaps you've got some
firewall interference affecting Media Player?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi Tom,

Sorry about that. Right after I posted the message I went back to test
it and it worked fine. But, I noticed that it wanted to run at 700
kbps - a bit high. So, I re-made the video file and replaced the
online version. It could be that you managed to try it while I was in
the middle of transfering the new file. I wouldn't have thought that
this could be a problem but it's a possibility. It took several
minutes for the transfer to take place (some 17.6 mb). Give it another
try. As was also mentioned, you might look into your security
settings.

The sliding table video can be downloaded and played seperately (the
link to the side) or played through the Windows Media Player (I put it
right after the "Table Saw" section).

Let me know if you still can't get it to go.

Thanks,
Ed

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Folks,

Just thought some of you might be interested. No charge, it's an
on-line video (for those with high speed connections). No spam, no
harvesting. Nothing but interesting (and hopefully useful) videos.

http://www.ts-aligner.com/videos.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Ed Bennett

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Tom is offline

Hello Ed,
Here's the message I see if I click on the link...
"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred.
The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the
network and that your proxy settings are correct."
The mini player on the page works, but the sliding table segment doesn't
seem to be on the play list.
TIA
Tom

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Tom,

Sorry about that. Right after I posted the message I went back to test

snippage