Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tool gloat!!

Some benevolent UPS delivery man just left a Bosch 4410L on my doorstep!
Reviews and projects to come soon.

I'm so excited about the saw that the free Bosch 1297DK 1/4 sheet sander
that came free with it almost seems mundane.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"James E. Cannon" wrote in message
Some benevolent UPS delivery man just left a Bosch 4410L on my doorstep!
Reviews and projects to come soon.

I'm so excited about the saw that the free Bosch 1297DK 1/4 sheet sander
that came free with it almost seems mundane.

I am happy for you, but how is that a gloat? It isn't if you paid for it,
and it is illegal conversion if he delivered it by mistake.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Toller" wrote in message

"James E. Cannon" wrote in message
Some benevolent UPS delivery man just left a Bosch 4410L on my doorstep!
Reviews and projects to come soon.

I'm so excited about the saw that the free Bosch 1297DK 1/4 sheet sander
that came free with it almost seems mundane.

I am happy for you, but how is that a gloat? It isn't if you paid for it,
and it is illegal conversion if he delivered it by mistake.

Well, if you want to get specific, I did pay for it but got (what I feel) is
one hell of a deal. $489 (regular price of the saw) - 10% + free sander +
free shipping all around. I've spent well over 6 months drooling over this
saw and searching for the best price. Amazon finally lobbed one up there
for me.

If that's not good enough for a gloat, then feel free to consider it a
neener.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 20:29:56 -0500, "James E. Cannon"
wrote:

"Toller" wrote in message

"James E. Cannon" wrote in message
Some benevolent UPS delivery man just left a Bosch 4410L on my doorstep!
Reviews and projects to come soon.

I'm so excited about the saw that the free Bosch 1297DK 1/4 sheet sander
that came free with it almost seems mundane.

I am happy for you, but how is that a gloat? It isn't if you paid for it,
and it is illegal conversion if he delivered it by mistake.

Well, if you want to get specific, I did pay for it but got (what I feel) is
one hell of a deal. $489 (regular price of the saw) - 10% + free sander +
free shipping all around. I've spent well over 6 months drooling over this
saw and searching for the best price. Amazon finally lobbed one up there
for me.

If that's not good enough for a gloat, then feel free to consider it a
neener.

My definition of a gloat:

I didn't have one.
Now I have one.
I have to tell someone.

I think you qualify. Don't let anyone rain on your parade.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I think the accepted definition includes an element of "... I got it
at a ridiculous price".

Correct me if I'm wrong. Lrod is good at that.

-Zz

wrote:

"Toller" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

James E. Cannon wrote:
Some benevolent UPS delivery man just left a Bosch 4410L on my doorstep!
Reviews and projects to come soon.

I'm so excited about the saw that the free Bosch 1297DK 1/4 sheet sander
that came free with it almost seems mundane.

don't let anyone rain on your parade. you can gloat about anything that
you've been wanting and are finally able to afford.

good luck with it!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Costco Tool gloat

Following advice from many quarters I started my workshop by buying the
best table saw I could justify and a jointer.

I realized the downside to this approach while cutting out push sticks
with a fret saw.

This then left me with a quandry, invest (i.e. spend more than I
should) in a quality bandsaw, buy a medium priced machine and probably
regret not paying more or buy an utter POC.

So anyway I just got a Delta 10" bandsaw plus stand for $109 at Costco,
the price in Lowes is $200 which is what costco started at, I almost
bought the same saw a week earlier when it was$159.

If it is a complete POC my planer will go on the stand, the saw will go
on craigslist and I will probably get my money back.

It looks like it should be up to making pushsticks though

Posted to rec.woodworking

Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

Following advice from many quarters I started my workshop by buying the
best table saw I could justify and a jointer.

I realized the downside to this approach while cutting out push sticks
with a fret saw.

This then left me with a quandry, invest (i.e. spend more than I
should) in a quality bandsaw, buy a medium priced machine and probably
regret not paying more or buy an utter POC.

So anyway I just got a Delta 10" bandsaw plus stand for $109 at Costco,
the price in Lowes is $200 which is what costco started at, I almost
bought the same saw a week earlier when it was$159.

If it is a complete POC my planer will go on the stand, the saw will go
on craigslist and I will probably get my money back.

It looks like it should be up to making pushsticks though

It should but rather than a cheap and very limited bandsaw I'd have gone for
either a jigsaw or a scroll saw--if you don't already have a good handheld
power saw the jigsaw might be the better bet.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
Following advice from many quarters I started my workshop by buying the
best table saw I could justify and a jointer.

Wow, I think the jointer is one of the last things you should buy. I
wish I was around in that discussion.

You can use a planer to flatten at least 95% of boards (to "good
enough" standards). I read an article about that in one of the mags,
and now I only use the jointer when I absolutely have to, and it saves
a lot of time.

For edge gluing, a jointer is nice, but with a good tablesaw blade, it
is unnecessary.

If you have a jointer, but not a planer, you're going to have a tough
time with glue ups, because you can joint one face, but now how are you
going to get the opposite face parrallel to the face you just joined?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"James E. Cannon" wrote in message
Some benevolent UPS delivery man just left a Bosch 4410L on my doorstep!
Reviews and projects to come soon.

I'm so excited about the saw that the free Bosch 1297DK 1/4 sheet sander
that came free with it almost seems mundane.

Nice

Frank Howell

-----------------
-----------------
Posted to rec.woodworking

"James E. Cannon" wrote in message
Some benevolent UPS delivery man just left a Bosch 4410L on my doorstep!
Reviews and projects to come soon.

I'm so excited about the saw that the free Bosch 1297DK 1/4 sheet sander
that came free with it almost seems mundane.

Finally got the saw and stand put together and set up. Pics are in a.b.p.w.
This thing is awesome. I've wanted this saw for so long and it has lived up
to the expectations. I wholeheartedly recommend this saw. Straight out of
the box with zero adjustments of any kind, this thing cut perfect 90s and
45s with ease.

Also, the Bosch TracRac T3B stand I got with it is outstanding. None of the
pictures of it that I've seen do it justice. As soon as I opened the box I
knew that I had underestimated it. It's solid as all hell.

Is a jointer knife really just a jointer knife? [email protected] Woodworking 3 January 17th 06 01:26 AM
Patent that toolpath boys, oops, too late. Guy Fawkes Metalworking 47 January 12th 06 07:32 PM
Tool Gloat! John Moorhead Woodworking 12 December 29th 04 06:25 PM
Anyone Used Sorby Texture and Spiraling Tool Ken Vaughn Woodturning 23 June 8th 04 04:13 AM