Posted to rec.woodworking

Default LITTLE BOXES

Spurred by the well-intentioned suggestions of some here I got a new
difital camera and took new photos of my humble efforts. I'd
appreciate any comments/observations/etc. So far I have used oak,
utili, purpleheart, chestnut, pine, walnut, yew and sycamore to make
them. And I have a nice piece of wenge in the corner but I'm just
waiting for inspiration!

http://foggytown.spaces.msn.com/photos/?_c02_owner=1

FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking

"foggytown" wrote in message
oups.com...
Spurred by the well-intentioned suggestions of some here I got a new
difital camera and took new photos of my humble efforts. I'd
appreciate any comments/observations/etc. So far I have used oak,
utili, purpleheart, chestnut, pine, walnut, yew and sycamore to make
them. And I have a nice piece of wenge in the corner but I'm just
waiting for inspiration!

http://foggytown.spaces.msn.com/photos/?_c02_owner=1

FoggyTown

Very nice! I really like the contrast of the different woods.

I bet the womenfolk really like you!

Whart are you lining the boxes with?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:
"foggytown" wrote in message
oups.com...
Spurred by the well-intentioned suggestions of some here I got a new
difital camera and took new photos of my humble efforts. I'd
appreciate any comments/observations/etc. So far I have used oak,
utili, purpleheart, chestnut, pine, walnut, yew and sycamore to make
them. And I have a nice piece of wenge in the corner but I'm just
waiting for inspiration!

http://foggytown.spaces.msn.com/photos/?_c02_owner=1

FoggyTown

Very nice! I really like the contrast of the different woods.

I bet the womenfolk really like you!

Whart are you lining the boxes with?

Thank you. So far I've only used crushed or plain velvet to line with.
Seems to work well. And yes, the girls do like them!

FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5 Jul 2006 08:29:14 -0700, "foggytown" wrote:

Spurred by the well-intentioned suggestions of some here I got a new
difital camera and took new photos of my humble efforts. I'd
appreciate any comments/observations/etc. So far I have used oak,
utili, purpleheart, chestnut, pine, walnut, yew and sycamore to make
them. And I have a nice piece of wenge in the corner but I'm just
waiting for inspiration!

http://foggytown.spaces.msn.com/photos/?_c02_owner=1

FoggyTown

Very nice!

That's what I was going to learn but got the damn turning bug...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
On 5 Jul 2006 08:29:14 -0700, "foggytown" wrote:

Spurred by the well-intentioned suggestions of some here I got a new
difital camera and took new photos of my humble efforts. I'd
appreciate any comments/observations/etc. So far I have used oak,
utili, purpleheart, chestnut, pine, walnut, yew and sycamore to make
them. And I have a nice piece of wenge in the corner but I'm just
waiting for inspiration!

http://foggytown.spaces.msn.com/photos/?_c02_owner=1

FoggyTown

Very nice!

That's what I was going to learn but got the damn turning bug...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

For some reason I've never had the urge to try turning. It just
doesn't appeal to me and I'm sure that my "total woodworking
experience" suffers thereby.

A bowl is just a box with no corners!

FoggyTown