DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LITTLE BOXES (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/168202-little-boxes.html)

foggytown July 5th 06 04:29 PM

LITTLE BOXES

Spurred by the well-intentioned suggestions of some here I got a new
difital camera and took new photos of my humble efforts. I'd
appreciate any comments/observations/etc. So far I have used oak,
utili, purpleheart, chestnut, pine, walnut, yew and sycamore to make
them. And I have a nice piece of wenge in the corner but I'm just
waiting for inspiration!

http://foggytown.spaces.msn.com/photos/?_c02_owner=1

FoggyTown

Lee Michaels July 5th 06 05:02 PM

LITTLE BOXES

"foggytown" wrote in message
oups.com...
Spurred by the well-intentioned suggestions of some here I got a new
difital camera and took new photos of my humble efforts. I'd
appreciate any comments/observations/etc. So far I have used oak,
utili, purpleheart, chestnut, pine, walnut, yew and sycamore to make
them. And I have a nice piece of wenge in the corner but I'm just
waiting for inspiration!

http://foggytown.spaces.msn.com/photos/?_c02_owner=1

FoggyTown

Very nice! I really like the contrast of the different woods.

I bet the womenfolk really like you!

Whart are you lining the boxes with?

foggytown July 5th 06 06:39 PM

LITTLE BOXES

Lee Michaels wrote:
"foggytown" wrote in message
oups.com...
Spurred by the well-intentioned suggestions of some here I got a new
difital camera and took new photos of my humble efforts. I'd
appreciate any comments/observations/etc. So far I have used oak,
utili, purpleheart, chestnut, pine, walnut, yew and sycamore to make
them. And I have a nice piece of wenge in the corner but I'm just
waiting for inspiration!

http://foggytown.spaces.msn.com/photos/?_c02_owner=1

FoggyTown

Very nice! I really like the contrast of the different woods.

I bet the womenfolk really like you!

Whart are you lining the boxes with?

Thank you. So far I've only used crushed or plain velvet to line with.
Seems to work well. And yes, the girls do like them!

FoggyTown

mac davis July 6th 06 08:06 PM

LITTLE BOXES

On 5 Jul 2006 08:29:14 -0700, "foggytown" wrote:

Spurred by the well-intentioned suggestions of some here I got a new
difital camera and took new photos of my humble efforts. I'd
appreciate any comments/observations/etc. So far I have used oak,
utili, purpleheart, chestnut, pine, walnut, yew and sycamore to make
them. And I have a nice piece of wenge in the corner but I'm just
waiting for inspiration!

http://foggytown.spaces.msn.com/photos/?_c02_owner=1

FoggyTown

Very nice!

That's what I was going to learn but got the damn turning bug...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

foggytown July 7th 06 10:28 AM

LITTLE BOXES

mac davis wrote:
On 5 Jul 2006 08:29:14 -0700, "foggytown" wrote:

Spurred by the well-intentioned suggestions of some here I got a new
difital camera and took new photos of my humble efforts. I'd
appreciate any comments/observations/etc. So far I have used oak,
utili, purpleheart, chestnut, pine, walnut, yew and sycamore to make
them. And I have a nice piece of wenge in the corner but I'm just
waiting for inspiration!

http://foggytown.spaces.msn.com/photos/?_c02_owner=1

FoggyTown

Very nice!

That's what I was going to learn but got the damn turning bug...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

For some reason I've never had the urge to try turning. It just
doesn't appeal to me and I'm sure that my "total woodworking
experience" suffers thereby.

A bowl is just a box with no corners!

FoggyTown