Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need Woodpecker Quick-lift feedback

Is anyone using the Woodpecker Quick-lift? Specifically the model
QL350A. I have been looking to purchase a router lift and this seems
to fit my needs. I will be using it in my basement shop, no heavy
duty work. I would appreciate any info anyone can give me good or bad.
A heads up on where the best place to purchase would help too.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Redd" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is anyone using the Woodpecker Quick-lift? Specifically the model
QL350A. I have been looking to purchase a router lift and this seems
to fit my needs. I will be using it in my basement shop, no heavy
duty work. I would appreciate any info anyone can give me good or bad.
A heads up on where the best place to purchase would help too.

I can't comment directly on the Quick-Lift, but I can say that I've
purchased a number of tools from Woodpeckers and always been impressed.
I've used both their standard aluminum plate and Plunge Lift in my router
table. While pricey, both have performed admirably. Tom Hintz has a review
of the Quick-Lift that you can read he
http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews...ckliftrvu.html
He'll probably respond to your thread before long.

As for purchasing, I've never heard of getting them from anyplace but
Woodpeckers directly. http://www.woodpeck.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Redd" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is anyone using the Woodpecker Quick-lift? Specifically the model
QL350A. I have been looking to purchase a router lift and this seems
to fit my needs. I will be using it in my basement shop, no heavy
duty work. I would appreciate any info anyone can give me good or bad.
A heads up on where the best place to purchase would help too.

Can you buy that lift cheaper than a router with the capability to make fine
adjustments when mounted in a table? Typically you can buy a router with
fine adjustment capability that does not need a separate lift for less than
a lift.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon;
Thanks for your response.
I currently have the PC 890 router which is supposed to have that fine
adjust capability. The fine adjustability is not very good. It takes
a lot of guess work to get it set. I guess what I'm probably looking
for is a fast and "repeatable" adjustment capability and the 890 does
not give you that - IMHO.