Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Recall codless nailer

Safety Alert: Porter-Cable Cordless Nailer Poses Puncture Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in
cooperation with the firm named below, today a public safety notice
for
the following consumer products. Consumers should stop using the
products immediately and contact the firm for free caution labels and
an
instruction manual insert.

Name of Product: Porter-Cable Cordless Brad Nailer

Units: About 25,000

Manufacturer: Porter-Cable, of Jackson, Tenn.

Hazard: The nailer can eject a nail while the switch is in the
"off"
position if the trigger is pulled and it is placed on a surface. This
can pose a serious injury to consumers or bystanders.

Incidents/Injuries: Porter-Cable has received two reports of
injuries,
including puncture wounds to the leg and back requiring surgical
removal
of the nail.

Description and Models: The nailer is used to drive nails into wood.
Model number BN200V12 is located on the name plate on the magazine of
the unit. "Porter+Cable" is printed on the nailer's motor
housing.

Sold at: Major home center and hardware stores nationwide from
September
2001 through December 2005 for between $230 and $280.

Manufactured In: Taiwan

Remedy: Consumers should stop using the nailer immediately and
contact
Porter-Cable to receive free caution labels and an instruction manual
insert.

Consumer Contact: For more information, call Porter-Cable toll-free
at
(800) 940-3126 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or
visit the firm's Web site at www.Porter-cable.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom O'Connor" wrote...

Safety Alert: Porter-Cable Cordless Nailer Poses Puncture Hazard
Consumers should stop using the
products immediately and contact the firm for free caution labels

That's a hoot! They're not going to fix the gun, they're just going to give
you a sticker, but don't use that nail gun until it gets a sticker on it!

The sticker reads:

Warning! Do not turn your back on Porter-Cable Nail Gun. Porter-Cable Nail
Gun should not be used by individuals susceptible to punture wounds. Do not
taunt Porter-Cable Nail Gun.

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.rude-tone.com/work.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hambone Slim (in ) said:

| Warning! Do not turn your back on Porter-Cable Nail Gun.
| Porter-Cable Nail Gun should not be used by individuals susceptible
| to punture wounds. Do not taunt Porter-Cable Nail Gun.

ROFLMAO!

[ I'm somehow glad that Ayn Rand didn't live to see this. ]

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

Hambone Slim said:

| Warning! Do not turn your back on Porter-Cable Nail Gun.
| Porter-Cable Nail Gun should not be used by individuals susceptible
| to punture wounds. Do not taunt Porter-Cable Nail Gun.

ROFLMAO!

[ I'm somehow glad that Ayn Rand didn't live to see this. ]

LOL ... Now it's my turn to ruin a perfectly good monitor.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/21/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Hambone Slim" wrote in message
The sticker reads:

Warning! Do not turn your back on Porter-Cable Nail Gun. Porter-Cable
Nail
Gun should not be used by individuals susceptible to punture wounds. Do
not
taunt Porter-Cable Nail Gun.

Better yet, the label should read...

WARNING!!!!!

ON/OFF Switch Broken

Treat and Use this nail gun like any other "Air Type" nail gun

Posted to rec.woodworking

cod?

"John Emmons" wrote in message
news
After reading the title of the thread, I'm left to wonder what a nailer
needs with cod in the first place...

John E.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon (in ) said:

| "John Emmons" wrote in message
| news || After reading the title of the thread, I'm left to wonder what a
|| nailer needs with cod in the first place...
| cod?

John missed the part about "codless" nailer.

Pseudo ultra hyper micro gloat: _All_ my tools are codless. :-D

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hmmm...if I missed it how'd I call attention to it...?

All I know is that all of my air nailers are "codless", and will remain that
way...

John E.

Leon (in ) said:

| "John Emmons" wrote in message
| news || After reading the title of the thread, I'm left to wonder what a
|| nailer needs with cod in the first place...
| cod?

John missed the part about "codless" nailer.

Pseudo ultra hyper micro gloat: _All_ my tools are codless. :-D

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

John missed the part about "codless" nailer.

Pseudo ultra hyper micro gloat: _All_ my tools are codless. :-D

Oh, Cordless.... Or in case he meant cordless, perhaps he has never
built a fence with a cordless, or been up inside an attic doing repairs,
or....

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
cod?

"John Emmons" wrote in message
news
After reading the title of the thread, I'm left to wonder what a nailer
needs with cod in the first place...

John E.

He means codpiece. Recall was because it hurt too
much.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 16:25:25 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

John missed the part about "codless" nailer.

Pseudo ultra hyper micro gloat: _All_ my tools are codless. :-D

Oh, Cordless.... Or in case he meant cordless, perhaps he has never
built a fence with a cordless, or been up inside an attic doing repairs,
or....

I heard that B&D was developing a salmonless brad driver...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking

I've had a cordless (or codless) nailer for many years. Its called a
hammer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

John wrote:
I've had a cordless (or codless) nailer for many years. Its called a
hammer.

I've got my fathers corded, 120VAC, hammer, complete with eyes so the
hammer knows where to strike. Should I stop using it? The plug isn't
keyed to use the newer safety outlets.
Joe