DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Recall codless nailer (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/167849-recall-codless-nailer.html)

Tom O'Connor July 2nd 06 03:38 PM

Recall codless nailer

Safety Alert: Porter-Cable Cordless Nailer Poses Puncture Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in
cooperation with the firm named below, today a public safety notice
for
the following consumer products. Consumers should stop using the
products immediately and contact the firm for free caution labels and
an
instruction manual insert.

Name of Product: Porter-Cable Cordless Brad Nailer

Units: About 25,000

Manufacturer: Porter-Cable, of Jackson, Tenn.

Hazard: The nailer can eject a nail while the switch is in the
"off"
position if the trigger is pulled and it is placed on a surface. This
can pose a serious injury to consumers or bystanders.

Incidents/Injuries: Porter-Cable has received two reports of
injuries,
including puncture wounds to the leg and back requiring surgical
removal
of the nail.

Description and Models: The nailer is used to drive nails into wood.
Model number BN200V12 is located on the name plate on the magazine of
the unit. "Porter+Cable" is printed on the nailer's motor
housing.

Sold at: Major home center and hardware stores nationwide from
September
2001 through December 2005 for between $230 and $280.

Manufactured In: Taiwan

Remedy: Consumers should stop using the nailer immediately and
contact
Porter-Cable to receive free caution labels and an instruction manual
insert.

Consumer Contact: For more information, call Porter-Cable toll-free
at
(800) 940-3126 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or
visit the firm's Web site at www.Porter-cable.com

Hambone Slim July 2nd 06 06:49 PM

Recall codless nailer

"Tom O'Connor" wrote...

Safety Alert: Porter-Cable Cordless Nailer Poses Puncture Hazard
Consumers should stop using the
products immediately and contact the firm for free caution labels

That's a hoot! They're not going to fix the gun, they're just going to give
you a sticker, but don't use that nail gun until it gets a sticker on it!

The sticker reads:

Warning! Do not turn your back on Porter-Cable Nail Gun. Porter-Cable Nail
Gun should not be used by individuals susceptible to punture wounds. Do not
taunt Porter-Cable Nail Gun.

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.rude-tone.com/work.htm

Morris Dovey July 2nd 06 07:07 PM

Recall codless nailer

Hambone Slim (in ) said:

| Warning! Do not turn your back on Porter-Cable Nail Gun.
| Porter-Cable Nail Gun should not be used by individuals susceptible
| to punture wounds. Do not taunt Porter-Cable Nail Gun.

ROFLMAO!

[ I'm somehow glad that Ayn Rand didn't live to see this. ]

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Swingman July 2nd 06 07:31 PM

Recall codless nailer

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

Hambone Slim said:

| Warning! Do not turn your back on Porter-Cable Nail Gun.
| Porter-Cable Nail Gun should not be used by individuals susceptible
| to punture wounds. Do not taunt Porter-Cable Nail Gun.

ROFLMAO!

[ I'm somehow glad that Ayn Rand didn't live to see this. ]

LOL ... Now it's my turn to ruin a perfectly good monitor.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/21/06

Leon July 2nd 06 08:50 PM

Recall codless nailer

"Hambone Slim" wrote in message
The sticker reads:

Warning! Do not turn your back on Porter-Cable Nail Gun. Porter-Cable
Nail
Gun should not be used by individuals susceptible to punture wounds. Do
not
taunt Porter-Cable Nail Gun.

Better yet, the label should read...

WARNING!!!!!

ON/OFF Switch Broken

Treat and Use this nail gun like any other "Air Type" nail gun

John Emmons July 3rd 06 12:40 AM

Recall codless nailer

After reading the title of the thread, I'm left to wonder what a nailer
needs with cod in the first place...

John E.

. com...

Leon July 3rd 06 03:26 PM

Recall codless nailer

cod?

Morris Dovey July 3rd 06 03:52 PM

Recall codless nailer

Leon (in ) said:

| "John Emmons" wrote in message
|| After reading the title of the thread, I'm left to wonder what a
|| nailer needs with cod in the first place...
| cod?

John missed the part about "codless" nailer.

Pseudo ultra hyper micro gloat: _All_ my tools are codless. :-D

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

John Emmons July 3rd 06 04:46 PM

Recall codless nailer

Hmmm...if I missed it how'd I call attention to it...?

All I know is that all of my air nailers are "codless", and will remain that
way...

John E.

Leon July 3rd 06 05:25 PM

Recall codless nailer

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

John missed the part about "codless" nailer.

Pseudo ultra hyper micro gloat: _All_ my tools are codless. :-D

Oh, Cordless.... Or in case he meant cordless, perhaps he has never
built a fence with a cordless, or been up inside an attic doing repairs,
or....

George E. Cawthon July 3rd 06 11:04 PM

Recall codless nailer

Leon wrote:
cod?

"John Emmons" wrote in message
After reading the title of the thread, I'm left to wonder what a nailer
needs with cod in the first place...

John E.

He means codpiece. Recall was because it hurt too
much.

mac davis July 4th 06 07:05 PM

Recall codless nailer

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 16:25:25 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

John missed the part about "codless" nailer.

Pseudo ultra hyper micro gloat: _All_ my tools are codless. :-D

Oh, Cordless.... Or in case he meant cordless, perhaps he has never
built a fence with a cordless, or been up inside an attic doing repairs,
or....

I heard that B&D was developing a salmonless brad driver...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

John July 5th 06 02:49 AM

Recall codless nailer

I've had a cordless (or codless) nailer for many years. Its called a
hammer.

Joe Gorman July 5th 06 11:52 AM

Recall codless nailer

John wrote:
I've had a cordless (or codless) nailer for many years. Its called a
hammer.

I've got my fathers corded, 120VAC, hammer, complete with eyes so the
hammer knows where to strike. Should I stop using it? The plug isn't
keyed to use the newer safety outlets.
Joe