Posted to rec.woodworking

Default removing posts from a poster bed

Hi,

I just bought a 4-poster bed. I like the bed but would like to get rid
of the posts. How can cover the holes left behind?

Thanks,
MG

Posted to rec.woodworking
FriscoSoxFan

Bumper stickers.

It depends on the look you are trying to achieve. You should consider
doing something non destructive.

This would be a pain, but here is a good option to not destroy the
holes (this assumes threaded holes)

1. Find a wood threading kit that matches the threading of the post
receivers.
2. Thread a properly sized dowel.
3. Screw dowel into receiver. Wax might help
4. Mark a line around base of dowel
5. remove dowel.
6. Cut off at line, removing pencil mark
7. Finish cut off end to match surronding wood, dont finish shaft
8. Let dry
9. Screw back in.

Another option: Put a cork in it, trim flush
Another option: Make a cap piece to match
Another option: Put candles in it (mood lighting)

wrote:
Hi,

I just bought a 4-poster bed. I like the bed but would like to get rid
of the posts. How can cover the holes left behind?

Thanks,
MG

Help! Suggestions/advice please for installing posts for yard fence in rocky ground? Ken Moiarty Home Repair 10 May 5th 06 02:55 AM
Moving hot water cylinder, maybe into loft, maybe removing chimney [email protected] UK diy 1 November 18th 05 10:32 AM
Garden fence posts Mortimer UK diy 8 February 6th 04 11:50 AM
Removing Caulk PC Woodworking 2 August 2nd 03 04:29 PM
Concrete Fence Posts - setting out Rick Hughes UK diy 4 July 11th 03 08:45 PM