Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
RJ

Default tool shop brand slide saw any good?

I was looking at saws at a local home improvement store. They have a tool
shop brand 12" slide saw on sale for $180. It looks OK for the money. I
don't plan on using the saw too often since I only build a few projects a
year.
Does anyone have any experience or comments on this brand of saw?

Thanks in advance

Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"RJ" wrote in message
I was looking at saws at a local home improvement store. They have a tool
shop brand 12" slide saw on sale for $180. It looks OK for the money. I
don't plan on using the saw too often since I only build a few projects a
year.
Does anyone have any experience or comments on this brand of saw?

Thanks in advance

What brand of tool is in the shop? Capital letters will give a whole new
meaning to your questions. You can use either shift key to accomplish that.

Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
R. Pierce Butler

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
.com:

"RJ" wrote in message
I was looking at saws at a local home improvement store. They have a
tool shop brand 12" slide saw on sale for $180. It looks OK for the
money. I don't plan on using the saw too often since I only build a few
projects a year.
Does anyone have any experience or comments on this brand of saw?

Thanks in advance

What brand of tool is in the shop? Capital letters will give a whole
new meaning to your questions. You can use either shift key to
accomplish that.

I'm still trying to decide what a slide saw is.
Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
TomD

"R. Pierce Butler" wrote in message
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
.com:

"RJ" wrote in message
I was looking at saws at a local home improvement store. They have a
tool shop brand 12" slide saw on sale for $180. It looks OK for the
money. I don't plan on using the saw too often since I only build a few
projects a year.
Does anyone have any experience or comments on this brand of saw?

Thanks in advance

What brand of tool is in the shop? Capital letters will give a whole
new meaning to your questions. You can use either shift key to
accomplish that.

I'm still trying to decide what a slide saw is.

You don't know what a slide saw is? What next.. Whats a table saw?

Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
RJ

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.com...

"RJ" wrote in message
I was looking at saws at a local home improvement store. They have a tool
shop brand 12" slide saw on sale for $180. It looks OK for the money. I
don't plan on using the saw too often since I only build a few projects a
year.
Does anyone have any experience or comments on this brand of saw?

Thanks in advance

What brand of tool is in the shop? Capital letters will give a whole new
meaning to your questions. You can use either shift key to accomplish
that.

Ths brand name on the saw is "Tool Shop"

Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
M Berger

It's a very low-end brand, and their sliding miter saw is likely to have
more movement than most of us would tolerate.

RJ wrote:
I was looking at saws at a local home improvement store. They have a tool
shop brand 12" slide saw on sale for $180. It looks OK for the money. I
don't plan on using the saw too often since I only build a few projects a
year.
Does anyone have any experience or comments on this brand of saw?

Thanks in advance

Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
R. Pierce Butler

"TomD" wrote in
:

"RJ" wrote in message
I was looking at saws at a local home improvement store. They have a
tool shop brand 12" slide saw on sale for $180. It looks OK for the
money. I don't plan on using the saw too often since I only build a few
projects a year.
Does anyone have any experience or comments on this brand of saw?

Thanks in advance

What brand of tool is in the shop? Capital letters will give a whole
new meaning to your questions. You can use either shift key to
accomplish that.

I'm still trying to decide what a slide saw is.

You don't know what a slide saw is? What next.. Whats a table saw?

Table saw I know. Band saw I know as well. I also know about a scroll
saw, sabre saw, mitre saw, jig saw, hand saw, buzz saw and more. I have
seen a slide trombone, a slide whistle, a slide carburetor, and even a slip
n' slide. I have seen mitre saws with one or two slides but never a "slide
saw".

Is a table saw a slip saw or is it a push saw? Is there a shove saw or a
whirr saw as well?

All these nick names are confusing.

Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
RJ

Excuse me. I thought I could use the abbreviated name
How about this.. "12" Dual side compound miter saw"

"RJ" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
MrT

Don't worry about it. Some people (such as Bulter) are morons.

Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
R. Pierce Butler

"RJ" wrote in :

Excuse me. I thought I could use the abbreviated name
How about this.. "12" Dual side compound miter saw"

That is interesting.

So a left tilt table saw would a a left saw.

I think I am starting to get it now. It was all rather confusing at first.
This woodworking stuff is tricky but not bad once you get the hang of it.

Reminds me of something I saw on TV once. One fellow was selling some time
sensitive yet valuable information in addition to Tutsi-Frutsi Ice Cream.

Thanks for informing me about slide saws.

pierce

Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
R. Pierce Butler

"MrT" wrote in
:

Don't worry about it. Some people (such as Bulter) are morons.

Sometimes humor is wasted. Other times it is missed only to have you smack
you upside the head when you least expect it.
Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
MrT

I thought this was woodworking not comedy central.

Don't quit your day job.. you suck at comedy

"R. Pierce Butler" wrote in message
. 1...
"MrT" wrote in
:

Don't worry about it. Some people (such as Bulter) are morons.

Sometimes humor is wasted. Other times it is missed only to have you
smack
you upside the head when you least expect it.

Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
R. Pierce Butler

"MrT" wrote in news:129lms37pc6pr91
@corp.supernews.com:

I thought this was woodworking not comedy central.

Don't quit your day job.. you suck at comedy

I appreciate the advice but I have no aspirations to be an entertainer.

"R. Pierce Butler" wrote in message
. 1...
"MrT" wrote in
:

Don't worry about it. Some people (such as Bulter) are morons.

Sometimes humor is wasted. Other times it is missed only to have you
smack
you upside the head when you least expect it.

Posted to alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking
Skids

He told you in the subject line. "tool shop" brand. Learn to slow down and
read instead of criticizing someone for your stupidity.

What is that tool? John McLean UK diy 0 May 1st 06 10:23 AM
For peer review, new FAQ section: Power Tools. Draft 2 John Rumm UK diy 55 March 13th 05 01:27 AM
drive pin on R8 collets Charles A. Sherwood Metalworking 50 July 9th 04 05:41 AM
Anyone Used Sorby Texture and Spiraling Tool Ken Vaughn Woodturning 23 June 8th 04 04:13 AM